Announcement made on NAIS at the end of 3 weeks of the Ride for Farmers in Pennsylvania:
The Ride for Farmers paralleled the Pennsylvania primary timing for 3 weeks, making connections across the state, talking to people, attempting to bring honesty where there is little. Hillary Clinton's connection to milk that is now associated with a 7 times increased risk of breast cancer is a profound insight into her concern for Americans as is her long-standing association with Monsanto, and others whose impact on American farming has been ravaging.
Farming is the heart of a country and to be aligned for the sake of power, for the sake of wealth, with those who are destroying it, speaks volumes about any politician's priorities and lack of authentic concern for this country and its people.
The Ride for Farmers will conclude the Pennsylvania portion of the Ride with this statement for media:
1. Family farmers point to the corporate sector of farming and food processing as THE source of a significant food safety issue in this country.
2. The Ride for Farmers asks the media for the largest investigation in the history of the United States into corporate production, control of food, and health of "corporate" food.
3. The Ride for Farmers proposes a solution to the horrific corporate conditions for animals and to the corporate origination in major diseases.
4. NAIS - the National Animal Identification System - is a corporate/USDA diversion from the actual source of food problems in this country and an attempt to control of family farmers' livestock and their land.
CORPORATE-GENERATED PROBLEMS AND CORPORATE FAKE SOLUTIONS:
Family farmers (those who still control their own farms and are not controlled by corporations) know there is a significant and threatening food safety issue in this country. It does not come from family farms. It comes from the corporate sector: its feed companies, its feedlots, its poultry factors, its slaughter houses.
The USDA and state departments of agriculture, both deeply corrupted by the corporate ties to Monsanto and other Big Ag corporations, are promoting NAIS - the National Animal Identification System - in the name of food safety.
THAT IS A FARCE. And it is a farce on so many levels, it is hard to adequately cover them all here.
1. Mad Cow and Bird Flu - and corporate agriculture.
It was corporations which ground diseased animals into feed and sold it back to farmers to use for their animals. It is corporations which house millions of chickens in a single building, putting their contaminated waste out on fields in Asia for wild birds to feed off of, and those practices are now implicated as a potential source of Bird Flu.
BUT though Mad Cow came from the corporate side, it is family farmers in the UK whose livestock were slaughtered, in some cases driving into extinction ancient and rare heritage breeds of animals, and destroying farmers there who have never recovered. And it is small family farmers in Asia, whose livelihood depended on the few chickens they raised for eggs and food, whose stocks were eliminated. And it is corporations which are attempting to promote substituting cloned ones, which would trap the Asian family farmers into the whole patent/intellectual property nightmare (that affects GMO-seeds) in which they would only be "renting" animals, never owning the patented ones, never owning the issue of those animals or the eggs.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).