"An idle mind is Satan's workshop"
Think back to your first job. How did you get it? Was it government sponsored? Likely not.
According to a 2013 World Bank Report, almost half the world's population, over 3.2 billion people, lives on less than $2.50 daily. A majority of citizens (80%) are in countries where income disparities are expanding exponentially, which is true for America too. (1, 2) Equally troubling, more than 1 of 2 people is under 30 years old, whereas the medium age of world leaders is 70 years old. This age gap forms a toxic mixture for combatants vying for one prize: power. (3,4)
American efforts to create jobs, work and avert violence spans five decades. Amongst them:
Federal Government Initiatives
* Term-based Funding: 2--4 Year Election Cycles
* Gun Control, Alternative Jail Strategies, Diversions/Restitution Programs
* Truancy, Delinquency and Anti-Bully Programs (Punish Parents, Kids, Schools)
* White House Gun-Free Schools, Promise Zones, Middleclass Tax Relief, etc.
* Funding for NATO Allied Countries: Friends vs. Foes
Education, Law Enforcement (LEAs) and Local Community Initiatives:
* In/Out/After School Programs: PTAs, Just say NO, Scared Straight, etc.
* Anti-Gang, Graffiti, Homeless and Sex-Trafficking Prevention
* Internships, Mentorships, Volunteer, Corporate, Philanthropic Programs
* Public Safety Training, Equipment Upgrades (Tasers, Armored Vehicles)
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).