Send a Tweet
Most Popular Choices
Share on Facebook 1 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
OpEdNews Op Eds   

Worse Than Nothing

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages)     (# of views)   No comments
Author 29889
Message Lee Stranahan
- Advertisement -
My quick take on the policy content of the President's Speech - a horrible entrenchment of the insurance industry that will make them a permanent fixture.

Yes, they may be forced to stop doing things that should already be illegal, like all the mafia abuses Bob has done such a great job of documenting. In exchange, they get the power and force of the government forcing everyone to be their customer.

No 'moral our' for people like Bob or I - if we can afford insurance, we can't use the Public Option. And the Option maybe a co-op. Or a trigger. Who knows? But the President was clear - it's only an option for people who can't afford insurance. Don't worry America, he told us -- less than 5% will ever use it. The other 95% of you are going to be forced to subsidize the insurance industry.

I hope the House progressives hold the line on a strong P.O. I hope progressives in the grassroots speak out loudly againt this. A mandate was a bad idea when Baucus proposed it and it's every bit as bad being sold by the President. Barack Obama used liberal rhetoric to sell us out to the insurance industry tonight and I don't like it one bit.

from bobcesca blog

- Advertisement -

 

- Advertisement -

Must Read 1   Interesting 1   Valuable 1  
Rate It | View Ratings

Lee Stranahan Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Lee Stranahan is a pioneer in digital media who has over twenty-five years of experience in broadcast production, education and independent media.He is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post, blogs about politics and culture at BobCesca.com, (more...)
 
Go To Commenting
The views expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.
Writers Guidelines
Contact AuthorContact Author Contact EditorContact Editor Author PageView Authors' Articles
Support OpEdNews

OpEdNews depends upon can't survive without your help.

If you value this article and the work of OpEdNews, please either Donate or Purchase a premium membership.

STAY IN THE KNOW
If you've enjoyed this, sign up for our daily or weekly newsletter to get lots of great progressive content.
Daily Weekly     OpEdNews Newsletter
Name
Email
   (Opens new browser window)
 

Most Popular Articles by this Author:     (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author)

Petition to Boycott Kellogg's for Treatment of Michael Phelps

Kucinich's Brave Health Vote Vs. Obama's Failed Promise

VIDEO: The Conservative Case for Medical Marijuana

When Tools Are Free

GOP Calls for National Day of Food Stamping and Lip Pursing

Worse Than Nothing