Send a Tweet
Most Popular Choices
Share on Facebook 22 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
Exclusive to OpEdNews:
OpEdNews Op Eds   

Why I'm writing a new book about our sorry state of affairs

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages) (View How Many People Read This)   5 comments
Author 4979
Follow Me on Twitter     Message Jerry Lobdill
Become a Fan
  (24 fans)

I am writing a new book about inequality. It will be written for the 99% in whose hands the fate of our nation lies.

We are in a hell of a mess in the US today. Our (ugh) President is unqualified for office and is a clear danger to the entire planet. He is unbalanced, unpredictable, shocking, self-absorbed, narcissistic, shallow, mean, confrontational, unfocused, power-obsessed, threatening, and lacking self-control.

This has encouraged a following of like-minded people. It is shocking how many there are and how proud they are of their support of him. They apparently know and care nothing about the Constitution, our democratic republic form of government, and have no brotherly love for their fellow citizens, let alone the rest of humanity. The poor have been demonized and are seen as an unfair burden on society.

I am writing this book because the prospects for a decent social future are dwindling as greed and its inevitable companion, a selfish, hard-hearted contempt for others, especially the poor, grows alarmingly. We are degenerating into a mean nation where there are two social classes, the wealthy 1%, and the other 99% whose labor is regarded as an unfortunate drain on prosperity.

History teaches that societal inequality grows until the masses can no longer abide their living conditions. At this breaking point a nation fails, and revolution occurs, led by a small, clever, power hungry segment of society, using the 99% as their military force.

This initiates another cycle of predation on the 99%, and social inequality continues to reign.

What can break this cycle and transform the society into a sustainable, fair-minded, egalitarian system? A successful revolution will require a new socioeconomic system designed to disempower the 1% and eliminate their hegemony permanently. This will only be possible if the 99% is shown how it can be accomplished and if the Stockholm Syndrome reality of their present servitude is revealed publicly and becomes well known.

 

Must Read 1   Well Said 1   Inspiring 1  
Rate It | View Ratings

Jerry Lobdill Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in


I am a retired physicist and hold a B.S. in Ch. E. as well. I have been an environmental activist since the early 1970s. I was a founding member of the Save Barton Creek Association in Austin, TX. In 2006 I was a member of a select (more...)
 

Go To Commenting
The views expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.
Follow Me on Twitter     Writers Guidelines
Contact AuthorContact Author Contact EditorContact Editor Author PageView Authors' Articles
Support OpEdNews

OpEdNews depends upon can't survive without your help.

If you value this article and the work of OpEdNews, please either Donate or Purchase a premium membership.

STAY IN THE KNOW
If you've enjoyed this, sign up for our daily or weekly newsletter to get lots of great progressive content.
Daily Weekly     OpEdNews Newsletter
Name
Email
   (Opens new browser window)
 

Most Popular Articles by this Author:     (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author)

Making War on Climate Change

When the next crash comes do you want Hillary in charge?

Currency in Fiat Monetary Systems in General and the US Federal Reserve System in Particular

Globalization, Free Trade, and David Ricardo's Theory

Question Received Wisdom; Learn What We Don't Know, And Let the Chips Fall Where They May

The Trouble With Cash--a World Awash in $100 Federal Reserve Notes

To View Comments or Join the Conversation: