Share on Facebook 16 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
Positive News    H3'ed 12/31/21

Were the allies good or just lucky?

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages)   21 comments
Become a Premium Member Would you like to know how many people have read this article? Or how reputable the author is? Simply sign up for a Advocate premium membership and you'll automatically see this data on every article. Plus a lot more, too.
Message abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Joseph Stalin
Joseph Stalin
(Image by Bing)
  Details   DMCA

Obviously, most historians agree that Hitler's invasion of Russia was the error which caused him to lose the war. However, there are a couple of unrelated events which caused Stalin to win and Hitler to lose, which has not been much publicized. I am going to write it as good news, because it was good that Hitler lost.

The German invasion of Russia was a catastrophe for Stalin. Similar to six-day war of Arabs and Israel, the Russian air force and most of Russian tanks were destroyed during the first two days. Stalin was frozen in his seat with a bad case of disbelief and surprise. He did not do anything of significance for eight days, until he received assurances that his Arch Enemy: Churchill and Roosevelt were going to come to help.

Fighting on Russian dirt and mud roads was not as easy as speeding on highways of France and Europe. The German army got to the gates of Moscow. German soldiers were able to see the Kremlin in their site. There are German pictures of the Moscow in about twelve miles from Moscow in November of 1941. Stalin had done some preparation for defending Moscow, but Germans were getting too close too fast. He ordered the evacuation of the Moscow and putting it of fire after their departure. His train was ready to move him out and take him to eastern Ghazaghiastan. On the same day he received the news from his chief spy in Japan that Japanese are on the move to attack the U.S.

Knowing that there was not going to be an invasion of Russia by the Japanese who were German allies. Stalin ordered not to evacuate Moscow and asked his elite Siberian forces that were protecting Russian borders from Japanese, to come to Moscow's help with T34 tanks that they had.

This move caused Germans to be stopped on their tracks and were destroyed by Russian winter. The Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor of December 7th, 1941, caused Hitler to lose the war.

(Article changed on Dec 31, 2021 at 3:17 PM EST)

Rate It | View Ratings

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D. Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

I was born and raised in Tehran Iran .I came to the U.S in 1976 to study psychology. With time decided to hang my hat here and became a U.S. citizen.
My areas of interest in psychology were varied. However I mostly worked with (more...)

Breakthrough treatment for Hemianopia

Neuropsychology of Ayatollah Rohollah Khomeini

Iranian People's Struggle for Freedom, Part VI: The1953 MI6 - CIA, Coup in Iran

The History of the Iranian People's Strugle for Freedom: Part III, The Era of The Benevolent Dictator

Sword and Seizure:Muhammad's Epilepsy and creation of Islam

Iran & Israel, The Case Against the war:

Comments

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

(Member since Dec 13, 2006), 7 fans, 66 articles, 140 quicklinks, 599 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

When I was in eighth grade, I began to read about the history of WW2. The end of the war was only 25 years old. I was able to hear real stories from people who were in it. Then many years later when I was working in Hospitals, the greatest generation were in their seventies and eighties. Most of them were surprised at the detail questions that I would ask and the details that I knew.

I was able to distinguish real stories of braveries and BS. The worst lie that I heard was from an old gentleman who claimed that he had seem General Rommel in North Africa. If an American soldier had got that close to Rommel, he would have been dead.

However, listing to real stories of real people who won that war would cause a kind of respect that is difficult to describe.

Submitted on Friday, Dec 31, 2021 at 1:31:12 PM

Mohammad Ala

(Member since Oct 1, 2007), 13 fans, 42 articles, 77 quicklinks, 2005 comments, 3 diaries (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

During WWII, Iran was called the "bridge of victory" when three criminals gathered in Tehran who did not invite Shah of Iran to attend that meeting. The criminals used Iran's railroads, food, even military to help Russia.

Iran lost a lot and criminal Russian army did not want to leave Northern Iran.

Criminal Winston Churchill stole food from Iran and India to feed his army.

Iran has been attacked from every direction (West and East) and lost half of its territory to criminal Russians.

Western countries and Russia have killed more than 50,000,000 people since WWII.

Iran has survived more than any country in the world dating back to 7,000 years ago. Iran's success in survival has been because of its rich culture which has captivated the world while its stolen artifacts are displayed in Western museums.

Submitted on Friday, Dec 31, 2021 at 3:46:05 PM

Mark Sashine

(Member since Apr 11, 2006), 58 fans, 258 articles, 27 quicklinks, 8539 comments, 341 diaries (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

This article is a joke,

No offense.

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 1, 2022 at 3:58:20 PM

Recommend  (1+)

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Reply to Mark Sashine:   New Content

Dear Mark

No offence taken.

Would you please inform me ,why you have found this article to be as a joke?

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 1, 2022 at 5:12:51 PM

Mark Sashine

click here

Dear Sir

It becomes tiresome for me to refute the ignorance. Please, have a look at the article above to understand the real reasons Russians won that war being the best people on Earth at the time. There are more sources. No offense, just the truth.

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 1, 2022 at 6:59:30 PM

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Reply to Mark Sashine:   New Content

Dear Mark

If you mean that Red Army defeated the Wehrmacht for a multitude of reasons, I would agree with you. However, at that point the conditions were so bad for Russians that Stalin gave the orders for evacuation of Moscow in the morning. This order was quite serious and caused the criminals of Moscow to begin looting the city. On same day he received the intelligence about his elite Siberian army being free to come to the help of Moscow .They were fresh forces with intact equipment.

This fact helped Stalin to stay in Moscow and put up a fight. If Stalin had not received the intelligence that he could use the Siberian forces which were stuck at the Japanese borders, he would have to retreat to Ghazaghiastan which would have changed the entire dynamics of the battle for Russia drastically.

Of course the red army would have continued on their patriotic war. However, the Wehrmacht would have had the upper hand and would not have been be destroyed in the subsequent Russian winter.

The main fear of Churchill and FDR was that Stalin out of a need would sign a new treaty with Hitler giving up a big part of Russia in return for cease fire. Such a possibility would have changed everything in favor of Hitler.

These events are a well-known part of WW2, if I am missing anything please let me know.

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 1, 2022 at 10:01:05 PM

Mark Sashine

That is exactly what I expected: ignorance and misinterpretation. There never was Stalin's order of Moscow evacuation: there was a panic 16 October and disorder. Although yes, there was a contingency plan, it was never an intention of Stalin to leave. Now, you seem to admire vermacht too much, although it was a criminal organization. Yes, the Japanese did not attack but Russians knew about a deal between Hitler and Japan, that Japanese only would attack after Moscow is taken. It was not the winter as you so unfortunately state, but sturdy fighting in 1941 including unbelievable heroism which made it possible to have time to gather forces and defeat Germans near Moscow. Russians even bombed Berlin in July 1941. As for allies, it was also known at that time that they would NOT help much. US was not in the war even. Btw, there was a parade in Moscow on November 7 1941, so how is that coincides with your " evacuation"? Yes, there were some moments of tragedy then and many more before and after, but what you present is absolute nonsense and you know that. That nonsense prevails now in the West because of the vehement eternal shame that Europe and US not only made Hitler but used him and encouraged him. They want to expand this shame to Russia, so that to rob the Russian people of their Victory which saved the whole world. You should try to at least understand this before engaging in " trivia". Things were much bigger than you think and those people were much bigger than you and me. End of the story. There is nothing to discuss anymore. Your article is a joke.

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 8:13:07 AM

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Reply to Mark Sashine:   New Content

Dear Mark

Using this type of vocabulary "ignorance and misinterpretation" on the historical events of eighty years ago is inappropriate and uncalled for. That is not the way that I was addressing you.

I remember another angry comment of you about one of my articles that I had written more than a decade ago. It was about one of our crazy kings who had invaded Georgia and plundered Tbilisi. In your comment you had made a reference to the incident of "Griboedov". I remember that I was quite surprised that anyone in the U.S. would know anything about Griboedov.

There is not much of a difference in our descriptions of the WW2 event. Except, your assumption that I am an admirer of the Wehrmacht. In all honestly that is insulting, how in the world I could I be a supporter of Nazis? However, it is a historical fact they came very close to winning the war in 1941.

You have agreed with my assertion that Stalin had ordered evacuation of Moscow. Our difference of opinion is due to my point that I have read and seen in several documentaries that the reason for bringing Siberian troops from Japanese border to the help of Moscow was because Stalin received intelligence from his chief spy in Japan, that the Japanese were on the move to start their war with the U.S. The order of evacuation of Moscow caused looting of the city in the morning, but all those people were arrested in the evening and executed, when Stalin changed his orders to stay put in Moscow.

I admire your patriotism; my mother was born in Baku, and I know the Azari language. My parents left Russia just before the start of the war.

I am glad that your ancestors won the war. However, I really doubt that you would approve of Stalin's behavior of mass murder of Russian people.

Also, I should mention that during the same year Stalin and Churchill ordered invasion of Iran to use our railway system and roads to get the American equipment to Russia. So, your countrymen's victory caused significant problems for my countrymen.

I hope in future if you disagree with something in my writings you would refrain from name calling.

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 12:50:15 PM

Mark Sashine

It is always easier to insult a nation than to insult one person. Treating those events as some kind of " usual history" with the same approach " Germans approached, Stalin used a spy, etc" is exactly wrong. History is not objective. It has only one criteria-the admiration of the honest effort for the cause you believe in. Stalin was a despot first order, but the " approve or disapprove" categories do not work for that period and especially for the war. The same comes for the Iran. Stakes were too high. At that moment Stalin was an agent of good. My patriotism did not come of the place of birth. It comes from the understanding of the effort. Your article, on the other hand, was an exercise in vanity. I am too old now to " use names" Vermacht is proclaimed a criminal organization by Nuremberg Trials. Thus any " objective" presenting of its endeavors violates that premise. You make a conclusion. Most likely I will not comment on your articles anymore. Times had changed. This was just by accident. I cannot stop this whole avalanche. Thus I can only wish you well but you are on the wrong path and that path goes nowhere.

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 2:14:38 PM

Mark Sashine

Reply to Mark Sashine:   New Content

One addition: here is the real cause of the Russian Victory:

..we will prevail..

Because of the feeling of home

Without it there is no Victory, just murder

Junna Moritz, Russian poet

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 3:40:33 PM

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Reply to Mark Sashine:   New Content

Dear Mark

In all honesty it is difficult for me to understand your strong position on events of WW2 in Russia. However, if I remove my historian hat off and put my psychologist hat on then, you begin to make sense to me.

I am going to totally avoid the issue of WW2 and focus on my own feelings on Iran, hoping that I make sense to you. Since you are a student of history, it makes it easier for me to talk the type of issues that are only important for historians.

I am sure you have some knowledge of Alexander of Macedonia. Historically he was a mean murderer just number three killer of history after Hitler and Genghis khan. It is so difficult for me to hear regular people to refer to that psychotic mass murderer as Alexander the great. The first thought which comes to my mind when I hear the word great is what about that murderer was great?

I had a friend who was a very smart Jewish doctor. He had bought a silver coin of alexander and had made a very nice necklace out of it and would wear it all the time. His admiration for Alexander was because of the fact that Alexander had destroyed the entire Middle East which was the center of all of the countries who were enemies of Israel that he worshiped.

Ironically the Middle Eastern country that alexander destroyed was the Achaemenid dynasty of Iran, which was founded by Cyrus the great who had freed the Jews from slavery of Babelions of current Iraq. Cyrus the great is the only gentile whose name is in the bible. During of the three hundred years of the Achaemenid Empire there was no differences between different faiths and that was the only time that Jewish population were able to live in peace. Cyrus the great wrote the first bill of human rights and if you visit the library of congress, you can see Jefferson's high lights on the book of Xenophon who wrote the history of Cyrus's life.

It took a lot of historical lecturing for me to make my Jewish friend to understand and sell the necklace.

Your feelings against the behavior of Hitler is similar to my feelings when I hear the name of Alexander. Even hearing the term Wehrmacht is repulsive to you.

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 4:43:05 PM

Mark Sashine

Dear Sir Actually I do agree with you about Persian Empire of that time as well as about Macedonians. Your friend apparently sort of indulged himself...But when we study history, we take not ashes but fire. We study the effort and it's sources. History is not just. It is not objective. It happened. And the only " fire" is the personalities of the theater. Good or bad, Alexander was a personality larger than life. If you happened to read Plutarch, he has " Alexander and Caesar" section. There it says it all. History is psychology:)

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 6:16:17 PM

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Reply to Mark Sashine:   New Content

Dear Mark

To conclude our discussion on a happy point. I will tell you a side story.

I am 69 years old and at times I have difficulty with remembering people's name. Although, I am a neuropsychologist and I know the fact that the first ability that humans lose in the process of aging is having problems with name recall. Whenever I noticed that I was having this problem, I did not like it.

When I saw your second comment, I automatically remembered your name and the issue of Griboedov. Remembering your name and comment after a decade, it caused me to feel better about my aging. It looks like I still have it.

Thank you for your thought provoking comments and good luck

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 7:15:40 PM

Mark Sashine

Glad I proved useful:) Mark

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 2, 2022 at 7:29:31 PM

Recommend  (2+)

John Henry Egan

Author 521945
(Member since Aug 9, 2021), 1 fan, 4 articles, 9 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Re: The German Army in the Moscow suburbs 1941. There is a persistent legend that a recon battalion reached Khimki (or Himki) and from there, about 12 miles from the city center, saw the golden spires of the Kremlin. A monument there commemorates the spot. But maybe it was the village of Nefedyevo, where some Germans possibly saw the same thing. Then again, it might have been Krasnaya Polyana, taken on November 30 where, with binoculars, the Moscow skyline can be seen. Or perhaps it was the morning sun presenting a golden glow, glinting off the frozen snow, a well known phenomenon out there in the boondocks. Nobody can say for sure since there were no survivors. I've never heard about pictures, just stories, all secondhand. Thanks for the article! jhe

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 22, 2022 at 4:15:21 PM

Recommend  (1+)

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Reply to John Henry Egan:   New Content

Dear John

Obviously, you ae quite familiar with this event.

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 23, 2022 at 7:31:28 PM

John Henry Egan

Author 521945

Reply to abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.:   New Content

Thanks Abbas. Another thing to keep in mind that while the mud and dirt roads did slow the drive on Moscow the same can't be said about Leningrad. Army Group North had the easiest of goals. They were to drive along the Baltic coast and take Leningrad less than 600 miles away. Supply would not be an issue. They took Riga in July and the port served as a supply hub deep inside Soviet territory. Unlike the rest of Russia and Ukraine, there were paved roads. German planners determined that one single track railroad line was worth 1000 trucks. Russia's narrow gauge RR lines needed to be converted and this wasn't easy. Embankments, ties and tracks all needed to be rebuilt. But this is the sort of thing Germans are good at and it was done. They knew very well they were short of oil and rubber, so much so that German trucks drove around with steel wheels. They had lots of steel and coal; perfect for building the most massive railroad system the world ever saw. Since the Germans had local air supremacy their trains could move about freely. This is why Halder and Paulus chose the central thrust rather than the southern route to the oil fields: the railroad lines led directly to Leningrad and Moscow. They never took either city. If German military planning and execution was all that it's made up to be, then Leningrad, at least, should have fallen easily. There were no supply problems on that front and they had paved roads. But they were stopped anyway. Rather than look inside themselves, German generals blamed the weather and the roads. To confirm their own brilliance, they sold the lie as a believable alternative to their own incompetence. Thanks for the discussion! jhe

Submitted on Monday, Jan 24, 2022 at 11:47:01 AM

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Dear John

Was the route for oil the southern route for Baku or some other route?

Submitted on Monday, Jan 24, 2022 at 6:09:41 PM

John Henry Egan

Author 521945

Reply to abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.:   New Content

Yes Baku. In the summer of 1942 and by their own assessment the German predicament was: they were short 740,000 men, 36,000 trucks, 44,000 motorcycles and 2,100 tanks. The only way they could make up this deficiency was with the use of auxiliary allied troops (Romania, Hungary and Italy). The objectives were Maikop, Grozny and Baku which were far flung with deficient attacking force. At this time Greater Germany (Gro├čdeutschland) and its allies at last had a population greater than the Soviet Union; 140 million to 110 million. The Soviets were now without Ukraine and the Baltic States and Germany still had a good chance to win this war. When Fall Blau finally kicked off in late June 1942, Army Group South itself was dissolved and the new Army Group B (same organization, new name) was created with 6th Army the main component. It was to advance in the direction of Stalingrad to protect the center. South of it, in what was the main thrust, a new army group was created from whole cloth: Army Group A. They were to take the oil fields. It sounded great, two new army groups, but it was all the same as it ever was. Army Group A did manage to take Maikop and its small oil fields. The Reds had burned them down and the Germans were only able extract 700 tons of oil before they were forced to retreat. At this point the German front-line was 2,500 miles long or the distance between New York and California. This would prove impossible to defend and supply. In this situation 6th Army got sucked into a city-fight that it couldn't get out of.

Submitted on Tuesday, Jan 25, 2022 at 8:30:59 AM

abbas sadeghian, Ph.D.

Reply to John Henry Egan:   New Content

Dear John

Thank you for your informative comment. Unfortunately, there are not that many easy to find sources of information about the Eastern Front.

As you are aware of the Tehran conference took place on 1943 in Iran and my family were involved with the security system of Iran at that time.

I keep you in mind as a good source of information about WW2. Please feel free to ask me any question that you might have about the Middle East.

Submitted on Tuesday, Jan 25, 2022 at 4:29:29 PM