Power of Story Send a Tweet        
General News

Two US Citizens Participate in Iranian Peace Boat to Stop Saudi Attacks on Yemen

By       Message Press Release       (Page 1 of 1 pages)     Permalink

Related Topic(s): ; ; ; , Add Tags  Add to My Group(s)

View Ratings | Rate It

opednews.com Headlined to H2 5/7/15

Author 1781
- Advertisement -
Contact:
Ret. Colonel Ann Wright, 808-741-1141
Medea Benjamin, CODEPINK co-director, 415-235-6517

From youtube.com/watch?v=0nz6_mSSAT4: CODEPINK's Medea Benjamin
CODEPINK's Medea Benjamin
(Image by YouTube)
  Permission   Details   DMCA

Robert Naiman, Policy Director of Just Foreign Policy of Urbana, Illinois, and art director of CODEPINK for Peace Tighe Barry of Washington, DC are in Iran to be passengers on a ship sponsored by the Iranian Red Crescent Society that will sail into the Persian Gulf to protest the attacks by Saudi Arabia on the civilian population of Yemen.

The ship will not approach Yemeni waters but will stay in the Persian Gulf.

- Advertisement -

Naiman and Barry are currently in Tehran. They are both available for interview by Skype and can be reached through Medea Benjamin.

Naiman and Barry were on the CODEPINK delegation to Yemen in June, 2013 to talk with families of victims of U.S. assassin drone strikes and with families of Yemenis held in Guantanamo prison who had been cleared for release by the U.S. government but who are still imprisoned.

Both were delegates on the CODEPINK trip to Pakistan in 2012 to talk with families of victims of US drone strikes in Pakistan.

- Advertisement -

Before leaving on the trip to Iran, Barry said, "I am horrified at the brutality of the Saudi airstrikes on the civilian population of Yemen."

Naiman commented, "As a backer of the Saudi attacks on Yemen, the US bears direct responsibility for the Yemeni civilian deaths from Saudi bombing. More bombing isn't going to solve Yemen's problems. Yemen needs a ceasefire and a negotiated political solution to end the war."

A coalition led by Saudi Arabia has bombed Yemen for six weeks. At least 646 civilians have been killed and 1,300 others injured since the coalition airstrikes began in late March, the United Nations said on May 4, adding that the violence has caused "severe destruction of civilian infrastructure."

 

- Advertisement -

View Ratings | Rate It

Share on Google Plus Submit to Twitter Add this Page to Facebook! Share on LinkedIn Pin It! Add this Page to Fark! Submit to Reddit Submit to Stumble Upon Share Author on Social Media   Go To Commenting

The views expressed herein are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of this website or its editors.

Writers Guidelines

Contact AuthorContact Author Contact EditorContact Editor Author PageView Authors' Articles
Related Topic(s): ; ; ; , Add Tags
- Advertisement -

Most Popular Articles by this Author:     (View All Most Popular Articles by this Author)

Idle No More-- The Indigenous People's Revolution Begins

"March Against Monsanto" Planned for Over 30 Countries

Bernie Sanders Blocks Bernanke Confirmation... With Bi-Partisan Support

Bush and Associates Found Guilty of Torture

Statement of 911 Widows In Response to 12/25 Terror Attempt

Family Farmers Amplify Legal Complaint Against Monsanto's GMOs