Are you happy with the:
1) Influence lobbyists have on creating the legislation you live under?
2) Health Care bill?
3) Job opportunities available to you and your loved ones?
4) Intelligence and understanding we had about the Middle East before we killed $3 trillion and hundreds of thousands of lives there?
5) Perceptions much of the world has of America?
6) Growing disparity between America's 400 Mega Rich Billionaires and the shrinking Middle Class?
7) Amount or percentage of their incomes America's billionaires contribute to making America safer and stronger?
8) Decline of meaningful, life long learning emanating from our classrooms and community service organizations?
9) Number of Americans who serve their nation?
10) Number of poor and struggling at home and abroad?
11) United States' reliance on the hard military power and mercenary contractors dwarfing the size of our ready standing army of soft power volunteers and do-good organizations?
12) Number of public policy grippers versus the number of public policy improvers?
As an improver, shouldn't the number you answered "No" to above match the "Yes" actions you undertake below.
1) Because Sacramento politicians wouldn't enact a strong Campaign Reform Law, People's Lobby used the grassroots initiative process to pass California's Political Reform Act of 1974, which established the Fair Political Practices Commission to curb the influence of lobbyists and punish cheating politicians. www.fppc.ca.gov Do you think involved citizens could draft similar legislative proposals to do the same for Congress?
2) Would it have helped Congress and you if a revived People's Lobby's had crafted, pushed, or educated around a clean (without special interests) health care bill that relied on the lowest administrative cost structure to gradually extended affordable health care to all?
3) Wouldn't American job creation and world needs be well addressed by having 21 million Americans compensated for needed service at home and abroad over the next 27 years, as People's Lobby's American World Service Corps (AWSC) Congressional Proposals would do? (or paste http://www.worldservicecorps.us/world%20service%20key%20proposal%202yr%20volunteer.htm)
4) Could our recent public policies have reflected more Middle Eastern intelligence if annually thousands of Peace Corps, Habitat, International Rescue Committee, etc., volunteers, had served in those 13 nations over the last four decades rather than less than 50 Peace Corps volunteers (PCV) annually? http://www.opednews.com/articles/American-World-Service-Cor-by-Dwayne-Hunn-090110-709.html
5) Hasn't sending peaceful, cost-effective grassroots builders always benefited America much more than raining down armaments and troopers on foreign nations? The Fresh Afghanistan Warriors the President Needs, or paste http://www.opednews.com/articles/Fresh-Afghanistan-Warriors-by-Dwayne-Hunn-091208-75.html
6) Didn't the Middle Class and a well-rounded economy grow under the Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy tax structures? Couldn't reinstituting something like those progressive top end rates help prevent today's growing disparity between mega-rich and average hard working Americans -- and stimulate a middle class driven economy? http://www.peopleslobby.us/Tax%20bracket%20proposal.htm
7) Shouldn't America's mega-rich also voluntarily contribute to serving their country or helping other Americans serve? How about a Joe Sixpack lunch for the Forbes 400? http://worldservicecorps.us/joe%20sixpack%20lunchbiden%20AWSC.htm
8) Wouldn't students and teachers in our classrooms and the needy and staffs in community service organizations do better if they had a vastly expanded number of full-time volunteers working along side them under the AWSC umbrella?
9) Wouldn't it benefit our public policy and economy if we had an involved army of a million peaceful nation builders annually buttressing our 3 million-person active and reserve military?
10) Wouldn't having 21 million Americans over 27 years serving at home and abroad in such organizations as Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Habitat for Humanity, Head Start, Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross, International Rescue Committee, OxFam, Mercy Corps, and State Conservation Corps provide us the ready army for tomorrow's Haiti --- and make life safer for you and yours?
11) Would it be healthier for you and yours to see Americans along with other nations' citizens aged 18-70+ spending a year or two serving in the fields of economic development building sound communities and nations rather than on battlefields? Hey Russia! Let's team up, or paste http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/7/19/755224/-Hey-Russia...-Lets-team-up!
12) Shouldn't you help revive a citizen's organization that produces laws through the initiative process and pushes Congress to implement laws that benefit hard working average Americans? Visit How to Help
http://www.worldservicecorps.us/how_to_help.htm or http://www.peopleslobby.us/donate.htm
For decades, the Koupal's founded People's Lobby Inc. (PLI) tried to get more Americans to more actively act upon the understanding that:
"This country runs on laws. If you want to change the country, write its laws."
While Californians griped about their politicians being so easily bought, PLI involved citizens in inspiring, crafting, and managing the campaign that lead 70% of California's citizens to pass and implement the Political Reform Act, which established California's Fair Political Practices Commission. www.PeoplesLobby.us/briefhistoryofpeople.html
As multinational corporations and their top dogs load up on wealth and burden the middle class and poor with debt, perhaps Americans will finally begin committing their actions to PLI's mantra -
"Final responsibility rests with the People. Therefore, never is final authority delegated."
As People's Lobby's founder Edwin Koupal would often say
"Business is the business of business. Government is the business of people."
Fat cat lobbyists push, suggest, and craft legislation that benefits them. With your active help, not with just your griping, People's Lobby can increase its ability to do the same for hardworking Joe and Jane Sixpacks.
Show your support for People's Lobby's American World Service Corps Congressional Proposals (AWSC) by at least signing the online petition at http://www.worldservicecorps.us/sign_the_petition.htm