Share on Facebook 5 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing

The end of everything

Message Gary Lindorff

Mannequins
Mannequins
(Image by runran)
  Details   DMCA

Once there was a great gathering.
The people were dancing and singing.
Then a man stood up and said,
Wait a second.
I can't dance, so no one can dance!
Then a man stood up and said,
I can't sing, so no one can sing.
Another said, I can't laugh
So everyone stop laughing!
I can't have children, said a woman.
No one can have children.
I can't cook, said someone.
No one may cook from now on.
Well, I can't walk, said a man
Therefore, no one walks!
I can't smile.
No one should smile.
Well, I can't cry.
I can't feel.
I can't sleep.
I can't see.
Everyone must stop seeing.
I can't die, someone said.
So no one dies.
Everyone sat silently
Just as they were
And they never changed
Or did anything ever again.

Well Said 3   Touching 2   Valuable 1
Rate It | View Ratings

Gary Lindorff Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Gary Lindorff is a poet, writer, blogger  and author of several books, the latest: 13 Seeds: Health, Karma and Initiation. Over the last few years he has begun calling himself an activist poet, channeling his activism through poetic (more...)

Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags
Add to My Group(s)

Truth was everywhere

And there goes the neighborhood

Your conscience

Poet's Notebook: My poem, "What do I do about the mice: A pacifist's quandary" and comments

Total Recall

Going into change

Comments Image Post Article Comment and Rate This Article

These discussions are not moderated. We rely on users to police themselves, and flag inappropriate comments and behavior. In accordance with our Guidelines and Policies, we reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason, and will restrict access of registered users who repeatedly violate our terms.

• OpEdNews welcomes lively, CIVIL discourse. Personal attacks and/or hate speech are not tolerated and may result in banning.
  • Comments should relate to the content above. Irrelevant, off-topic comments are a distraction, and will be removed.
  • By submitting this comment, you agree to all OpEdNews rules, guidelines and policies.

Comment Here:

You can enter 2000 characters. To remove limit, please click here.
Please login or register. Afterwards, your comment will be published.

Username
Password

Forgot your password? Click here and we will send an email to the address you used when you registered.
First Name
Last Name

I am at least 16 years of age
(make sure username & password are filled in. Note that username must be an email address.)

3 people are discussing this page, with 6 comments  Post Comment

b. sadie bailey

(Member since Dec 5, 2010), 14 fans, 5 articles, 24 quicklinks, 1073 comments, 4 diaries
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

yep; this is what happens when masses of people let others tell them what to do or not do, and dictate all of our lives - the end of everything; the sad ending to a story that could have gone so many other ways.

Submitted on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 4:36:54 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Gary Lindorff

(Member since Mar 21, 2013), 6 fans, 171 articles, 121 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to b. sadie bailey:   New Content

Sadie, check out David Watt's comment on my poem.

Submitted on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 8:12:28 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

David Watts

(Member since Jan 31, 2008), 11 fans, 15 articles, 24 quicklinks, 1996 comments, 27 diaries

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

I will no longer believe what they tell me

So no longer will anyone believe what they are told

I will not let them get away with illegal wars based on lies

So no one will let them get away with illegal wars based on lies

I will not let them do nothing about global sizzling

So no one will let them do nothing about global sizzling

I will not let them microchip me

So no one will let themselves be microchipped

I will not put up with corporations and politicians ruling the land

So no one will put up with corporations and politicians ruling the land

I will start a revolution

So we will all start a revolution together

I do not know if god exists but I will ask god to join us in our revolution

So everyone even if they don't believe in god will ask god to join us in our revolution

I will dance and sing and laugh while I revolutionize

So everyone will dance and sing and laugh while we revolutionize

I will wish us all good luck

So we will all wish us all good luck

... we will need it

Submitted on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 6:52:09 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Gary Lindorff

(Member since Mar 21, 2013), 6 fans, 171 articles, 121 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

I love this. "The beginning of everything?"

Submitted on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 8:10:52 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

David Watts

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Gary Lindorff:   New Content

The Beginning of Everything.

Very Good! :)

Gary, that reminds me of a pretty neat song that starts with "In the beginning of it all," "Now and Then". It is also where the words above came from - I will not put up with corporations and politicians ruling the land. Maybe I will post the song.

Here are the lyrics, I will post the link at the bottom.

"Now And Then" The Kinks

In the beginning of it all there was the land
And the sea and the sky
Then into the middle of it all there came man
To live on the land.
And then a great nation
Put into operation an evolutionary plan
Now mighty corporations and politicians rule the land
Wish I could remember when
We were more innocent
Than all of those violent bitter men.
The world was much younger then
But we were much wiser then.
Before we were full of discontent.
It's too bad the simple ways came sadly to an end
I guess that's the difference between now and then.
In the beginning of it all there was the land.
We were much younger then
But we were much wiser then
We never questioned why or when
One day we'll be born again
Our lovers and friends will remain
To live in a world without suffering and pain
And I can see a day when enemies are friends.
And there'll be no distance between now and then.
In the beginning of it all there was the Land.

click here

Submitted on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 10:03:44 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

David Watts

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Gary, I like what you wrote.

Submitted on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 7:44:45 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Article? Post Comment