As America’s problems and challenges mount by the day, President-elect Obama faces extraordinary national and international quandaries. He finds 14 million Americans out of work with additional unemployment troubles accelerating as auto and manufacturing jobs vanish by the thousands weekly.
He faces an ever growing avalanche of dilemmas that include legal and illegal immigration, infrastructure degeneration, medical systems collapsing, 47 million Americans without insurance, debilitating wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, energy costs, trade deficits, degenerating schools, climate change and crime—just for starters.
Anyone reading national newspapers sees this nation drowning in debt, pelted with foreclosures, simmering with racial and cultural differences from millions of legal and illegal migrants, gasping for fresh air over the cities, praying for water and crying out as poverty and homelessness grow.
Obama faces an ever growing Balkanization of the fabric of America that rips and tears daily with the influx of millions of unassimilated migrants that live in the shadows and undermine the U.S. Constitution.
So, what should Obama do? What kind of a speech should he present to a doubtful America? What actions will he take?
You have a chance to present your ideas to his office staff at his website: www.change.org Since all government begins at the local level and all human activities start at the local level, you may introduce ideas on that website.
For example, since my greatest issue addresses unending and unsustainable legal and illegal migration that undermines our stable population, I wrote an idea for Obama to introduce a ‘radical’ idea: “National Sustainable Population Policy.” I would like to see the United States stop immigrating the unending millions of people scratching their way to our shores for a better life when they degrade lives of all Americans already here. Not only that, their numbers grow by 77 million annually, so we cannot possibly solve the world’s hyper-population problems—but we can sink ourselves into the same nightmares if we continue on our way by adding 100 million people via immigration into this country within 30 years.
What’s your idea? I bet most American from every state carry ideas of what they want to see changed in America for a better future for their families and communities.
If I were President Obama, on January 20, 2009, I’d promise the American people: (numbered for brevity)
As your new president, I, Barack Obama, will abide by the Constitution, our laws and bring trust back to Washington, DC. I will serve with honesty, logical actions and promote the common good of Americans. I would:
1. Bring manufacturing jobs back to America by stopping massive trade deficits from insourcing, offshoring and outsourcing American jobs. Make it extremely difficult for corporations to take their operations out of the United States. Reward them for maintaining their facilities within our borders. Do not allow countries like Bangladesh, China, India, Mexico and other third world countries to rape American jobs by slave wages paid employees in other countries. Name one reason to continue $700 billion a year trade deficits when Americans can make their own products to give Americans jobs and livable wages.
2. Make Detroit produce high gas mileage cars as their biggest priority. Make them produce electric cars and environmentally responsible vehicles. Heavy taxes for cars with eight cylinder engines or low mileage autos.
3. Full speed ahead with billions for research for alternative energy in wind, solar, wave, river, hydrogen and any other method for creating energy that works and remains environmentally safe.
4. Full speed ahead on climate change mitigation with the finest minds and science to find out where we are with it and what we must do to solve it, if in fact, it is happening.
5. Gather the greatest economic minds together in the United States and create a plan for solving our $9.6 trillion national debt.
6. Make sure our citizens are employed before people from other countries take those jobs. Rescind all H1-B, H2-B and L-1 visas immediately and send those foreign workers back to their own countries. Support the American worker, period!