As I write,
most Americans are still proud to be American and think that the
Let's go back in American history to the turn of the century when this nation was only 124 years old and imagine that a coup occurred and Americans living at the time suddenly awoke one morning and found that the conspirators behind the coup had published a manifesto establishing a new government that all Americans would have to swear allegiance to. This manifesto is as follows:
- All departments and branches of the old government would remain in place and functional but the coup conspirators would retain behind-the-scenes dictatorial power over the actions and decisions of our government.
- The nation will go off the gold standard and Congress will no longer coin money and regulate its value. Instead, the dollar will be backed by nothing other than good faith and a private corporation controlled by the coup conspirators would print and control the money supply.
- Your new government intends to dominate and control the entire world. To help finance this goal there will be a new tax on the salaries and wages of all working Americans.
- All political parties save two will be rendered dysfunctional and Americans will vote primarily for one of two candidates in the two approved parties.
- The powers of the executive branch will be increase dramatically and the President will be able write laws, pass judgment upon laws, and ignore laws as he deems appropriate including those within our Constitution. He will also be able to make or ignore treaties, extend or withhold human rights including inalienable rights, and declare war when he deems appropriate including pre-emptive war.
- A sitting President, once elected, will be above the law and un-impeachable for both job-related and other crimes.
- State governments will no longer appoint senatorial representatives and the new centralized federal government will retain supreme authority over the states.
- Government employees, for the most part, will be paid better and receive far more employee benefits than their counterparts in private industry.
- Congress will no longer draft and write laws. Instead, they will be written by representatives from the industries affected by the laws being written.
- Congress will no longer regulate trade with foreign nations. Instead the coup conspirators will perform this function.
- Citizens will only enjoy rights at the pleasure of the government and in no way will consideration of citizen's rights infringe upon the prerogatives of government.
- The Supreme Court will no longer intervene or interfere with anything that government does and the courts will not allow citizens to petition the government for the redress of grievances when these grievances concern government decisions, actions, and prerogatives.