When you consider the sheer impact of the crimes revealed by the recent Wikileaks document release, many troubling questions come to mind. Here are just a few of them...
1. When it is clear that President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and General David Petraus knew the infamous "surge" in Iraq did not work, why did they lie to the American people, to their own troops and to the world? All of us who were in the know knew that America had paid the Iraqi militias off to bribe them not to fight for a short time.
2. Why is it, now that the evidence is in, that President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder do not want to prosecute Rumsfeld, Bush and others for war crimes and for the deaths of those human beings they caused in Iraq -- both American and Iraqi?
3. Why are Obama and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates allowing this failed general, Petraus, to carry on the same charade and failure in Afghanistan that he did in Iraq? We know it failed, from the evidence. So, why are we repeating it?
4. Why has Obama allowed the State Department and the Pentagon to put more mercenary Blackwater/Xe contractors in Afghanistan than American troops at huge sums of money, while making it look as if he's reduced our costs and troop levels? We have no money in America as it is, so why spend billions more in this illegal and immoral way -- don't we have a military to do these things at 1/10 or less the price?- Advertisement -
5. What has happened to Obama and American decency when they can convict an innocent 15-year-old of being an enemy soldier when he was just visting a home and was caught in an American attack, and while there is no proof that he fought against Americans? How could our country, our president, brand him as a "terrorist?" Have we lost all sense of morality and decency?
6. If we defended America from an outside attack, we would be called "patriots," but when people in Iraq and Afghanistan fight against our illegal and lie-ridden invasions, we call them "terrorists." Why? What sense does this make? How can our leaders keep lying to us and to themselves?
7. How can America,which is already bankrupt, keep more than 300 bases overseas and engage in continual warfare in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, and now, Somalia, with no money? Perhaps because the government is raping the taxpayers -- you and me?- Advertisement -
8. Why is it that the government people think it's there money, when in fact, it's our money they're spending on things most Americans don't want wars, money given to banks, and paying congresspeople more and more money when they are unworthy of the salaries they get?
Enough! There are more questions, but these are but a few that puzzle me, and disturb me, and that tell me we are already pretty far gone in America, and it's only a matter of time before we are no more.