Poll Analyses
Share on Facebook 13 Share on Twitter 1 Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
OpEdNews Op Eds    H1'ed 3/18/20

So Much Craziness

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages) (View How Many People Read This)   21 comments
Follow Me on Twitter     Message Rob Kall

Some flowers and sprouting leaves I saw because I took a walk, instead of going to the gym yesterday, since the gym is closed
(Image by Rob Kall)
  Details   DMCA

There is so much craziness going on.

Driving last night it was surreal seeing empty restaurant and shopping mall parking lots.

I am learning to not touch things that other people have touched, particularly door knobs. The nature of door knobs is going to change so they can be opened without using fingers.

I'm dealing with people who are not taking this seriously. I consider them dangerous, as I wrote here, Fox-Watching Trump Cult Members Are a Corona Virus Threat. But not all people not taking this seriously are right wingers. There are also conspiracy people and health nuts, who think this is a fraud or a false flag operation. I'm not saying we need to question HOW this pandemic got started, but we need to face the reality that it is killing a lot of people. And I won't put up with people who say it is not a real threat. It is a threat to life, to the economy and to democracy. And just eating healthy is not enough, though it is more important than ever to eat healthy-- to avoid foods that depress your immune functioning, like processed foods and sugars.

I'm trying to find silver linings in this national emergency. The leadership at OpEdNews has discussed this and we're working on ways to help people keep their spirits up, while at the same time reporting on the realities of the situation. I like what Elizabeth Warren is saying about ideas to give all Americans some money-- pay them through their employers and give them a minimum wage of $15 and hour.

Then there's the Democratic primary. Biden did well yesterday. He has a bit over a 300 delegate lead over Bernie, but he's still over 800 delegates away from clinching the nomination. But the same hacks who lied about Bernie's electability are now saying that Bernie must concede because of Corona Virus. f*ck them. People are asking me if I'll vote for Joe Biden. I'm not sure yet.

Then there's Trump and his confederacy of idiots and asskissers. Trump doesn't have the smarts or the guts to be running this. He is afraid to take strong action, so he is behind the curve, even further, of course because he started off calling this catastrophe a scam. Watching him take half-assed measures just confirms that he has to go.

Then there's Mitch McConnell. He and his Republican congressional scum negotiated a deal that Democratic scum Nancy Pelosi agreed to that exempted big corporations from paying workers out on leave. WTF? That was last week, Now they're talking about giving every American a thousand bucks. That won't go very far, considering most people spend more than that on rent or mortgage and utilities.

Then there's that $1.5 or two trillion dollars the Fed gave to big banks. No big corporation should be GIVEN anything. They should, as Paul Craig Roberts told me in our interview on Monday, be nationalized, rather than being rewarded for playing their role in pushing the economy to the point that it has become so unstable. The same thing should go for any other company that needs help. All big money given out should either be bottom-up distributed to the people or it should come with strict requirements or outright nationalization and take-over.

I have to run out and take a friend to the airport now. How much longer will airports even be operating?

Be safe, be smart. And please, share your ideas on how to deal with this unprecedented situation. And please, if you see silver linings, anywhere, please share them.

Must Read 3   Well Said 1   Supported 1
Rate It | View Ratings

Rob Kall Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Rob Kall is an award winning journalist, inventor, software architect, connector and visionary. His work and his writing have been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, ABC, the HuffingtonPost, Success, Discover and other media.

Check out his platform at RobKall.com

He is the author of The Bottom-up Revolution; Mastering the Emerging World of Connectivity

He's given talks and workshops to Fortune 500 execs and national medical and psychological organizations, and pioneered first-of-their-kind conferences in Positive Psychology, Brain Science and Story. He hosts some of the world's smartest, most interesting and powerful people on his Bottom Up Radio Show, and founded and publishes one of the top Google- ranked progressive news and opinion sites, OpEdNews.com

more detailed bio:

Rob Kall has spent his adult life as an awakener and empowerer-- first in the field of biofeedback, inventing products, developing software and a music recording label, MuPsych, within the company he founded in 1978-- Futurehealth, and founding, organizing and running 3 conferences: Winter Brain, on Neurofeedback and consciousness, Optimal Functioning and Positive Psychology (a pioneer in the field of Positive Psychology, first presenting workshops on it in 1985) and Storycon Summit Meeting on the Art Science and Application of Story-- each the first of their kind.  Then, when he found the process of raising people's consciousness and empowering them to take more control of their lives  one person at a time was too slow, he founded Opednews.com-- which has been the top search result on Google for the terms liberal news and progressive opinion for several years. Rob began his Bottom-up Radio show, broadcast on WNJC 1360 AM to Metro Philly, also available on iTunes, covering the transition of our culture, business and world from predominantly Top-down (hierarchical, centralized, authoritarian, patriarchal, big)  to bottom-up (egalitarian, local, interdependent, grassroots, archetypal feminine and small.) Recent long-term projects include a book, Bottom-up-- The Connection Revolution, debillionairizing the planet and the Psychopathy Defense and Optimization (more...)

Follow Me on Twitter     Writers Guidelines

A Conspiracy Conspiracy Theory

Debunking Hillary's Specious Winning the Popular Vote Claim

Terrifying Video: "I Don't Need a Warrant, Ma'am, Under Federal Law"

Hillary's Disingenuous Claim That She's Won 2.5 Million More Votes is Bogus. Here's why

Ray McGovern Discusses Brutal Arrest at Secretary Clinton's Internet Freedom Speech

Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver

Comments Image Post Article Comment and Rate This Article

These discussions are not moderated. We rely on users to police themselves, and flag inappropriate comments and behavior. In accordance with our Guidelines and Policies, we reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason, and will restrict access of registered users who repeatedly violate our terms.

• OpEdNews welcomes lively, CIVIL discourse. Personal attacks and/or hate speech are not tolerated and may result in banning.
  • Comments should relate to the content above. Irrelevant, off-topic comments are a distraction, and will be removed.
  • By submitting this comment, you agree to all OpEdNews rules, guidelines and policies.

Comment Here:

You can enter 2000 characters. To remove limit, please click here.

Please login or register. Afterwards, your comment will be published.

Username
Password

Forgot your password? Click here and we will send an email to the address you used when you registered.
First Name
Last Name

I am at least 16 years of age
(make sure username & password are filled in. Note that username must be an email address.)

11 people are discussing this page, with 21 comments  Post Comment

Ramani K V

Become a Fan (Member since Mar 8, 2012), 32 fans, 6 articles, 19 quicklinks, 2788 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

I see from the headlines since yesterday my plea for OEN to change tack hasn't fallen on deaf ears. Wish I could say I am happy about it. That would be absurd. Who can take pleasure at this situation?

You are absolutely right about the impact this crisis is having at a psychological level. I find myself severely conflicted by what were once routine situations, e.g., having to greet friends without shaking hands, keeping my distance from my gardener who comes once a week, avoiding favorite eateries and even shopping at supermarkets. My head tells me all this is unavoidable if we have to weather this storm. But my heart feels sickened.

I wish we could get back to the old normal, when we could spend hours debating one another on politics, economics, finance and all the rest. The wag has spoken though, hell is empty because all the devils have come over here.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 2:43:50 PM

Recommend  (6+)

Meryl Ann Butler

Become a Fan Follow Me on Twitter (Member since Jun 5, 2006), 81 fans, 656 articles, 1991 quicklinks, 6053 comments, 7 diaries (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Well here's one idea: as a result of the staff's conversation, Joan interviewed me: Beyond Surviving: How to Thrive in Challenging Times

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 3:43:44 PM

Recommend  (2+)

Fred W

(Member since Oct 30, 2007), 2 fans, 1 quicklinks, 427 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Reply to Meryl Ann Butler:   New Content

I enjoyed the interview, which was largely about your meditation practices, and I posted a rather long response about Transcendental Meditation there.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 7:10:21 PM

Recommend  (0+)

Gary Brumback

Follow Me on Twitter (Member since Oct 1, 2011), 35 fans, 80 articles, 1392 comments, 1 diaries (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)
Not paid member and Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

As an old psychologist drilled in and practicing problem solving through research and analysis I have never had time to meditate. My nights are relatively sleepless because I am constantly thinking about national problems and solutions. It's both a curse and a blessing.

The corona virus is called novel, as a new one. The far worse virus in the long run is the wrongdoing and evildoing of America's power elite. So I wrote a book, "911!" paperback and kindle e-book (today is last free day) describing the power elite plague that began when America began, explaining how the power elite operate and sustain/expand their power and proposed a very detailed plan for rescuing Americans from the power elite before it's too late.

Ralph Nader and I were very naïve in believing that "only the super-rich will save us." I can tell you now they WON'T. Being among the power elite themselves, they are part of the problem, not the solution. Forget Gates. Forget Buffett. Forget their organization, The Giving Pledge of over 200 multi-billionaire members. They turned a deaf ear to my pleas.

I mentioned in my book that if the super-rich failed us that I would next turn to the lesser rich, the multi-millionaires, so I have recently turned to the organization, "Patriotic Millionaires." Unlike Buffett and Gates, the CEO of the latter organization e-mailed me that he had received my complimentary copy of my book. That's at least an encouraging sign. The CEO was a former manager in an investment company that I had mentioned in my book as being an exemplar.

I have also sent a complimentary copy to the Rev Jessie Jackson, Sr. and asked him what role he might envisage for himself in my rescue plan. In my book I had mentioned him as the model for my The People's Reighbow Coalition.

Frankly, I have never seen such a comprehensive plan as mine to neutralize the power elite legally and peacefully by removing the numerous "props" Corporate America and Government America give each other. I wish OEN leadership and OEN readers would look into my plan and promote it if you agree with my opinion of it.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 4:53:57 PM

Recommend  (3+)

Lois Gagnon

(Member since Mar 21, 2011), 42 fans, 1 articles, 15 quicklinks, 5530 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Some things I'm doing to cope with social distancing. I'm reading "The Origins of Totalitarianism" by Hannah Arendt. It's a long read and very engrossing for a political junky like me. I'm prepping to start seeds in the kitchen window. They should arrive in the mail this week. I'm making soup. Soup is good for the soul. Keeping in touch with family and friends. Very important. Taking walks in the woods when the weather is nice like today. We saw the season's first butterflies. 4 of the same type. I'm wondering if this isn't quite early for them to emerge as they are a woodland butterfly. Going to research them. Having a little wine everyday helps as well. Stay healthy everyone. With any luck we'll be in a better position after this health crisis to demand drastic changes to this criminal system run by gangsters.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 6:50:07 PM

Recommend  (4+)

Chuck Nafziger

(Member since Oct 12, 2008), 16 fans, 6 articles, 15 quicklinks, 2299 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Reply to Lois Gagnon:   New Content

I also saw my first butterfly of the year, a California Tortoiseshell, Nymphalis californica. I like the lewd sound of name This was one of the first days with a temp over 50 F; that seems like a magic number for bringing on the early pollinators. A big barred owl paid a visit when I was on my porch this morning. Was she an omen?

Submitted on Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 at 12:03:53 AM

Recommend  (2+)

Chuck Nafziger

It would be a lot easier to deal with this if we were not inundated by the Ministry of Truth conning us into taking the biggest economic hit of our long lives while giving the banks $1.5T. We know the plague response will be a for-profit bonanza. Bernie and Medicare for All folded on cue as Zombie Joe took center stage.

How many poor children will die in 2021 from malnutrition because of the current harshly imposed economic collapse. This lockdown is bringing out a scary "survival of the fittest" meme. We need cooperation but it is not breaking through the isolation. The revolution was the first plague victim.

I feel much more like a cow being led to slaughter than a senior being helped.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 7:04:28 PM

Recommend  (6+)

Fred W

"shared ideas ... silver linings"

I'm missing being able to attend the book club I go to once a month. How about starting a way of doing the same thing on line, perhaps something a bit more technically sophisticated than just a "thread", where we could discuss one or several interesting books we could read and talk about with fellow OENers? Perhaps not limited to politics?

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 7:15:43 PM

Recommend  (1+)

Meredith Ramsay

(Member since Aug 3, 2007), 1 articles, 10 quicklinks, 119 comments, 3 diaries (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Reply to Fred W:   New Content

Fred, that's a super idea! There are so many great and important books out there that I can envision the OEN Book Clubs growing exponentially.The first ones that popped into my head are Hannah Arendt, "Origins of Authoritarianism" (I've been wanting to read it too, Lois), Vaclav Havel, "Disturbing the Peace," Max Blumenthal, "The Management of Savagery." and one that I think would be of vital interest to women, Maya Angelou, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings."

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 9:21:09 PM

Recommend  (4+)

911TRUTH

(Member since Apr 29, 2008), 26 fans, 3015 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

In the Netflix docuseries, Pandemic, a small biotech firm in SF, who is working on a universal flu vaccine, had to go begging to the Gates Foundation for funding, for a measly $2M or so.

That describes this country better than anything.

Endless money to kill people, but not $2M to save the Planet.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 8:12:07 PM

Recommend  (5+)

Meredith Ramsay

Reply to 911TRUTH:   New Content

If Trump can divert billions from the Pentagon budget to build his border wall, then I presume he can find billions to protect Americans from the coronavirus pandemic. Congress, with strong bi-partisan support, has approved a $22 billion increase in the 2020 defense spending bill.Yet the greatest democracy and richest country in the world supposedly can't afford to provide its own citizens with life-saving equipment, medicines, vaccines, or free medical treatment. What happened to our famous "culture of life?" Our benighted country seems more death-dealing to me, and I, for one, am ready for a bloodless revolution. And that reminds me: is anyone going to look into the large discrepancies in the Super Tuesday and beyond vote tallys, all of which miraculously favor Joe Biden?

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 10:13:03 PM

Recommend  (5+)

911TRUTH

Reply to Meredith Ramsay:   New Content

....is anyone going to look into the large discrepancies in the Super Tuesday and beyond vote tallys, all of which miraculously favor Joe Biden?

I haven't heard this. Not shocked at all, though.

The .1% wanted Babbling Biden, and that's who they got.

Submitted on Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 at 3:56:35 PM

Recommend  (0+)

Robert Gormley

(Member since Dec 12, 2009), 505 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Reply to 911TRUTH:   New Content

Yep, been saying this for years.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:27:26 PM

Recommend  (0+)

Gary Brumback

Reply to 911TRUTH:   New Content

Gates and Buffett et al are part of the problem, not the solution. When Buffett donated to the Gates' foundation he told them to swing at the fence. Their fence is in the little league.

Submitted on Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 at 12:43:23 PM

Recommend  (1+)

Robert Gormley

My retirement money is in my IRA which isn't doing too well of late. Makes me nervous. I lived through other stock market drop

offs, but this one seems like it could be really bad. I hope not.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:25:58 PM

Recommend  (0+)

Lois Gagnon

Reply to Robert Gormley:   New Content

I hate that we have to rely on the stock market for our retirement. We should all have guaranteed pensions. Other nations do. It forces us to support a rigged system run by companies that are destroying the biosphere and waging war on poor brown people.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:43:15 PM

Recommend  (6+)

Robert Gormley

Reply to Lois Gagnon:   New Content

Yep, me too. If I didn't have a family to raise I would be out of the stock market.

Submitted on Wednesday, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:48:40 PM

Recommend  (0+)

911TRUTH

Reply to Lois Gagnon:   New Content

That was the plan when they cut CD and Money Market interest rates to nothing so you were forced to go into the Stock Market racket to get any gains at all on your money.

Remember when you were able to get 5-6% on your bank savings accounts, which was a decent, safe return to live on?

Yeah, well, we will never see them again.

Submitted on Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 at 4:04:50 PM

Recommend  (0+)

David Wieland

(Member since Jan 1, 2019), 1 fan, 273 comments (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)

Perhaps it's different in at least some states, but here in Canada COVID-19 is being treated as if it were the plague. A bit of lip service is paid to the reality of economic and social disruption, but the overwhelming message is that we should be fearful of the virus. (Some act as if we'll all get the runs and need massive amounts of toilet paper. :-)) Meanwhile the country of 35 million people has a total of 727 confirmed cases with 9 deaths and 9 people recovered, and the bars, restaurants, gyms, and practically all public facilities including libraries and museums have been shut. I have family members to spend time with and am generally a homebody since retirement, but I really feel for the lonely and the increasing numbers who are being laid off.

This is truly a panicdemic, and my fear is that wrecking our societies and economies will do vastly more damage to our well-being that the panicky reaction coming from the authorities as much as ordinary folk. Case numbers are endlessly reported as if they were hospitalizations. The newspaper runs articles warning darkly of possible ventilator shortages (even though none of the local cases have been hospitalized), noting body bag stockpiles, and reassuring that mass graves aren't being contemplated "at this time". The SARS virus petered out after a few months, and this related one may also. But the damage, economically, socially, and psychologically is likely to be much longer lasting. Some of those quarantined for SARS now suffer PTSD.

Meanwhile, despite the promotion of "social distancing", some of the required actions result in people spending time (notably in airports) in close proximity. Mass vaccination programs are supposed to give us herd immunity. A new virus is giving us herd insanity.

Submitted on Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 at 5:31:44 AM

Recommend  (1+)

Michael Dewey

Follow Me on Twitter (Member since Feb 15, 2008), 19 fans, 21 articles, 6 quicklinks, 3753 comments, 17 diaries (How many times has this commenter been recommended?)
Facebook Page Twitter Page Linked In Page Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

How about giving control of the TV News to local cities with an election for who runs it? Not a complete thought that an explain fully.

I definitely want to see cites and states own the cable-internet ripoff as a Public Utility run through a Public Bank at the Post Office.

Submitted on Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 at 12:49:00 PM

Recommend  (0+)

Lois Gagnon

This comment is a reply to Chuck since there seems to be a glitch with the reply button under his comment. I believe the butterflies we saw are the same or related species. According to my book, they are found throughout the country. A friend of mine saw them yesterday as well. They must know it's spring.

Submitted on Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 at 1:24:29 PM