Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share on Reddit Tell A Friend Printer Friendly Page Save As Favorite View Favorites

Sing Mr. Songbird. Won't you sing me a song, You help to keep my problems away, You help to keep the devil away.

By       Message David Watts       (Page 1 of 2 pages)     Permalink    (# of views)   11 comments

Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags
Add to My Group(s)

Must Read 3   Valuable 2   Well Said 1

opednews.com Headlined to H4 1/12/19

Copyrighted Image? DMCA

(I just happened upon a video of a nightingale belting out her troubles away. I decided to call her Mr Songbird. I ask that Mr Songbird sing me a song and to sing for we here at oen to help keep our troubles away.)

Won't you sing me a song or two,

Won't take you long to just sing to me please,

Won't you whistle a tune.

And for those of us here,

Won't you sing we a song,

Won't take you long to just sing to we please.

Sing Mr. Songbird,

You help to keep our troubles away.

You help to keep our problems away.

You help to keep the devil away.

Nightingale belting our her troubles away ...

Next Page  1  |  2

Must Read 3   Valuable 2   Well Said 1

I am a dull and simple lad Can not tell water from champagne And I have never met the queen And I wish I could have all that he has got

David Watts Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Related Topic(s): ; , Add Tags

A Very Short Simple Proof That Cannot Be Disproved. 9/11 was a False Flag Event

Ever feel like SCREAMING OUT, WHAT'S GOING ON???

I don't feel safe in this world no more ... I want to sail away to a distant shore and make like an apeman

A Christmas song that hits home. But remember the kids who got nothin' While you're drinkin' down your wine

Comments Image Post Article Comment

These discussions are not moderated. We rely on users to police themselves, and flag inappropriate comments and behavior. In accordance with our Guidelines and Policies, we reserve the right to remove any post at any time for any reason, and will restrict access of registered users who repeatedly violate our terms.

• OpEdNews welcomes lively, CIVIL discourse. Personal attacks and/or hate speech are not tolerated and may result in banning.
  • Comments should relate to the content above. Irrelevant, off-topic comments are a distraction, and will be removed.
  • By submitting this comment, you agree to all OpEdNews rules, guidelines and policies.
Connect with Facebook     Connect with Twitter            Register with Facebook     Register with Twitter

Comment:

You can enter 2000 characters. To remove limit, please click here.

Please login or register. Afterwards, your comment will be published.

Username
Password

Forgot your password? Click here and we will send an email to the address you used when you registered.
First Name
Last Name

I am at least 16 years of age
(make sure username & password are filled in. Note that username must be an email address.)

4 people are discussing this page, with 11 comments  Post Comment

Janet Supriano

(Member since Oct 7, 2013), 11 fans, 1546 comments
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

"Songbird sing me a song and to sing for we here at oen to help keep our troubles away."

Thank you for this sincere and beautiful New Year wish.

Great post!

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 at 5:16:28 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

David Watts

(Member since Jan 31, 2008), 10 fans, 12 articles, 22 quicklinks, 1666 comments, 27 diaries

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Janet Supriano:   New Content

Thank you. Glad you liked it. :)

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 at 6:51:40 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Chuck Nafziger

(Member since Oct 12, 2008), 15 fans, 6 articles, 12 quicklinks, 1767 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Thank you! I have had some trying times recently and take great solace in the jays and squirrel who visit me most mornings. This nightingale song brought tears to my eyes.

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:08:23 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

David Watts

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Chuck Nafziger:   New Content

Chuck, you are welcome. I just happened to have seen the video of that little guy singing and it hit me too. So I thought I would post it. I am very glad you liked it and I hope you are doing ok.

I also saw two videos that are of nightingales singing and are over three hours long. One is four hours long. I only watched/listened to a couple of minutes of each but the singing is really nice. Last night I went to sleep listening to the singing of nightingales in the trees. It was nice.

Submitted on Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 at 8:18:07 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Chuck Nafziger

(Member since Oct 12, 2008), 15 fans, 6 articles, 12 quicklinks, 1767 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

This morning, when walking back from the goat barn, as I crossed a short wooden bridge over a small ditch, I was stopped short by a tiny bird flying fast across my path only a couple of feet in front of me. The little bird swooped up ten feet into a bare wintry lilac branch that is one half of the living canopy across the road, meeting a rhodie on the other side. The little bird turned out to be an Anna's hummingbird and I could see by its actions that it was singing me a song. My old ears no longer hear hummingbird voices, but their wing beat is the hum of Om to me. So from 15", I was serenaded in a magical way that had lots of color but no sound. Great things happen here in Paradise.

Submitted on Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:03:35 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndent

Janet Supriano

(Member since Oct 7, 2013), 11 fans, 1546 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Chuck Nafziger:   New Content

Beautiful, Chuck. Yes, great things happen when you pay attention.

Yesterday, when I went out back, there were about a dozen tiny birds flitting about on the bare branches of one of the trees. I think they were finches; I don't really know. They had tiny crests on top of their heads. I just love their happy chirps. I stood still and listened for several minutes. Then they swooped up in unison and flew away.

These tiny birds in winter always make my heart smile. And for some maybe disconnected reason, they always remind me of my favorite song by Don McClean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqJNpe6otk

Thank you, David Watts! :)

Submitted on Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:20:03 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndent

Chuck Nafziger

(Member since Oct 12, 2008), 15 fans, 6 articles, 12 quicklinks, 1767 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Janet Supriano:   New Content

If you are interested, the birds might be kinglets. If that is the case, some species can make a red crest appear and disappear. Very magical on the fairy level. I thought I was hallucinating the first time I saw it happen. Around here, kinglets are upper canopy birds in the summer, but come down and forage low in bad winter weather. We have not had much bad weather so I have not seen them this winter. Watching Nature is like having a soothing massage on my mind.

Submitted on Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 6:11:58 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

David Watts

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Chuck Nafziger:   New Content

I enjoy watching squirrels and rabbits in my yard. Often two squirrels will start up the trunk of a large maple tree with one chasing after the other up and around the trunk for a ways before they both stop for a momentary pause. I usually think they are just playing but other times I am sure that the one being chased is trying hard to get away and wants nothing at all to do with the chaser.

A flock of geese often departs from a park a couple of blocks away emerging from behind the trees while their collective cackle grows louder and louder into a rather pleasant cacophony.

The flock then heads for a small pond as I see them begin their gentle gliding descent with their wings spread out wide while maintaining a somewhat misshaped V-formation as they softly descend below the trees not far from where they started.

Yes, I agree nature is wonderful.

(By the way, your goats do definitely look like goats and not like sheep. I hope they were not too offended. Please tell them I am sorry. :) )

Submitted on Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 8:51:33 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndent

David Watts

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Chuck Nafziger:   New Content

I remember what a girl/female/lady/woman told me not long ago. She told me she was inside her tent while camping in the mountains on the edge of the Arkansas River here in Colorado when she heard what she said was the loudest hum of a bee she had ever heard. The hum was right next to the side of her head and scared her. She moved quickly and turned her head and saw that it was not a bee, but a hummingbird. She was able to gently coax the flying hummingbird to the opening in her tent where the bird flew out and away.

Submitted on Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:21:24 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndent

Kenneth Johnson

(Member since Jun 24, 2014), 17 fans, 12 articles, 9 quicklinks, 2845 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to David Watts:   New Content

WLGF Woman like a girlfriend.

Hummingbirds often buzz our ears when we're sitting in the patio. We figure they are thanking us for the cocktails we provide.

I did see a bee of unusually large size last summer. I like bees, but had to shoo him away. (He was likely heading somewhere else anyhow.)

Submitted on Tuesday, Jan 15, 2019 at 12:13:43 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

David Watts

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Kenneth Johnson:   New Content

Nice of you to provide the cocktails. That gives me an idea. If I can fine the old hummingbird feeder I used to have I will put it outside hanging from a branch and it will be filled with a very sweet Strawberry Daiquiri.

Submitted on Tuesday, Jan 15, 2019 at 8:38:55 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Article? Post Comment