Who would see KC as the center of a 100-mile circle that's a hotbed of militarism and nuke-production?! Well, KC and sites nearby are home base for:
- producing non-nuclear, essential parts for nuclear weapons (in KC, Mo.);
- imprisoning Bradley Manning, whistleblower charged with leaking info to Wikileaks; and
- teaching Midwest folks how to operate drones and to kill people in Afghanistan and other countries (the teaching occurs at Whiteman AFB, near Warrensburg, Mo.).
Bradley Manning has been imprisoned in Fort Leavenworth, Kan., but is now at Fort Meade in Maryland. He may return to Fort Leavenworth after his court-martial.
(use the form below or http://facebook.com/events/415504071798642)
Join us along with Col. Ann Wright, Kathy Kelly, Pace e Bene, PeaceWorks, KC Peace Planters, Vets For Peace, AFSC-KC, Loretto Peace & Justice Network, OccupyKC, Mid-MO Peace Coalition, and other peace activists from around the Midwest in a weekend of peaceful training and resistance against three prominent sites of militarism and nuclear weapons production around Kansas City.Trifecta Schedule
Training, discussions, and meals at Cristo Rey High School: 211 W. Linwood, KC, MO
Friday 4/13, 5pm-9pm
Saturday 4/14, 9am-2pm
Hosted by Pace e Bene (Peace and Doing Good, www.paceebene.org) trainers Jerica Arents and Regina Bambrick-Rust from the White Rose Catholic Worker in Chicago.
Trifecta Resista! - 3 Actions, 3 Locations
- 9am-11am: Fort Leavenworth - Support Bradley Manning
- 3pm-5pm: NNSA campus - manufacturing parts for nuclear weapons
- Advertisement -
- 6pm: Meal and Prep for second day (back at Cristo Rey)
- 9am: Carpool to Whiteman AFB - drone training
Staging area: WPA Pavilion at Knob Noster State Park near Whiteman
- 10am: Active resistance and support
Speakers: Col. Ann Wright and Kathy Kelly