Take Action today to support Local Community Radio!
Join people from across the country today -- Local Community Radio Act. Here are your simple steps for taking action:-- to tell Congress to open up the airwaves by passing the
- Look up your Congressional Representative at Congress.org
- Are they already supporters of community radio? Find out at govtrack.us -- search for Bill number HR 1147 and see a list of current cosponsors (see below for northwest info).
- Call the Congressional Switchboard at: (202) 224-3121 and ask to be connected to your Representative's office.
- If your Representative is not a cosponsor tell him/her to support expanding Low Power FM all across the country and cosponsor the bill.
- If your Representative is a cosponsor ask him/her to reach out to Congressional Leadership to let them know that this is an important priority around the county.
The Facts: In 2000, the FCC established Low Power FM radio service and the same year Congress acted to limit LPFM, pending the results of an interference study. The results have come in clear: Low Power Radio should be expanded! There are currently over 800 LPFM stations operated by schools, churches, civic groups, and other nonprofit organizations across the country. It is time for more communities to have the same opportunity to operate their own local radio station.
- Read the complete text of the Local Community Radio Act
- Click here for more information on LPFM
- More info from Prometheus Radio Project
- LPFM barnraising photos from KPCN Woodburn, OR
Reclaim the Media | reclaimthemedia.org
Community organizing for social change through media justice