1. We will stop referring to ourselves as a "civil rights" organization defending "human rights." It is a sacrilege to people actually killed or harmed by civil and human rights abuses including the 9 killed at a Charleston church.
2. We will admit "Obama's going to take your guns" was an eight year lie to sell guns and raise money. (P.S. Any ideas for fundraising under Trump?)
3. We will concede criminals do obey guns laws and 85% of mass shooters were legal gun owners, according to Mother Jones, including the last 19 mass shooters. That means better laws would work.
4. We admit that the Chattanooga terrorist was a legal gun owner who passed his background check despite many red flags that indicated he could perpetrate violence. We admit that service members fired back in one location according to Military Times--it was not a "gun-free zone."
5. We will stop yelling only good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns in light of the 18 police officers shot in July in Dallas and Baton Rouge who were clearly good guys with guns (and, unlike citizen "carriers," highly trained). We admit the killers were legal gun owners.
6. We will cease blaming gun violence on "gun-free zones." Boardrooms of top US corporations ban guns and have exactly zero shootings.
7. We will admit that even though we say gun safety activists are afraid of guns it is us who have a major fear problem. We are actually afraid to go where women, children and the elderly go unless we have our guns.