Ten years have gone by since the terrible attacks on New York City and the Pentagon yet there is no closure on what happened on "9/11" and who was behind it. An initiative led by former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, a Democrat, will be on the Massachusetts ballot next year if he gets 70,000 signatures by December. "Polls have repeatedly shown that millions of Americans seriously doubt the official story about 9/11," Gravel said.
According to a report by Byron Belitsos published in the September "Rock Creek Free Press," of Washington, D.C., "thousands of courageous Americans have lent their names to the call for a new investigation, including over 200 senior military intelligence and other government officials; over 1,500 engineers and architects; over 250 pilots and aviation professionals; and over 400 professors."
Critics of the official spin point out that even John Farmer, the 9/11 Commission's own senior counsel, stated that, "At some level of the government, at some point in time...there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened."
There are just too many unexplained happenings and coincidences, too many people on the scene---photographers, reporters, ambulance drivers, etc.---who had no reason to lie about what they saw---whose testimony shreds the official Bush regime findings.
To begin with, you have to put 9/11 in the context of the times. You might think no group of Americans could perpetrate such a dastardly crime against their fellow citizens and then lie to cover their tracks, except that it happened when George W. Bush was president.
Here's a man who lied about the reasons for making war on Iraq, an even bigger crime against humanity than 911. Bush killed maybe a million people in Iraq. Somebody who does that might just as well wear a swastika arm band. It's no stretch of the imagination to suspect a man that low of attacking his own country just as Hitler's Nazis probably set fire to their parliament as an excuse to expand their repressive policies.
I can't begin to discuss all of the 9/11 happenings that strike me as unusual but here are a few for starters:
(1) Doesn't it strike you as odd that of about 1-billion families in the whole world, Osama bin Laden, the mastermind of 911, was a man whose family did business with the Bush family?
As Rick Wiles of American Freedom News wrote, President Bush didn't tell the American people that bin Laden's brother was an investor in his own former oil business in Texas.
(2) Something else to consider as unusual. A week before 9/11, General Mahmoud Ahmad, the head of Pakistan's intelligence service, ISI, meets in Washington with CIA chief George Tenet. Who's Ahmad? He's the guy who ordered $100,000 wired to Mohamed Atta hours before 9/11.
Atta, you remember, was the ringleader of the 9/11 attacks. He's the guy who piloted American Airlines Flight 11 into the North Tower of the World Trade Center. So here is the head of the CIA meeting with the guy who is funding the attack on New York and the Pentagon. Now, does that strike you as worth looking into?
(3) Instead of welcoming an investigation into the events of 9/11, President Bush fought it tooth and claw. And so did his hired help. As the New York Times of July 9, 2003 reported: "The federal commission investigating the Sept. 11 terror attacks said today that its work was being hampered by the failure of executive branch agencies, especially the Pentagon and the Justice Department, to respond quickly to requests for documents and testimony."
(4) President Bush also made sure the study was biased. The executive director was Philip Zelikow, a man who had worked with Bush insider Condoleezza Rice in the past and co-authored a book with her. Zelikow decided what went into the 9/11 Report and what was left out. And tons of weird stuff pointing to an inside job was left out.
(5) Zelikow left out any mention of the destruction of World Trade Center building 7. That 47-story-high skyscraper collapsed from what eye-witnesses on the scene called internal explosions. As David Ray Griffin, a leading spokesperson for the 9/11 Truth Movement, wrote "Given the fact that WTC 7 was not hit by a plane, that the available photographs show no large fires, and that fire had never caused a steel-frame high-rise to collapse, why did someone in (New York) Mayor Giuliani's office declare that WTC 7 was going to collapse some five hours before it actually did?"
(6) Also, how did it happen that American Airlines Flight 77 was not stopped before it crashed into the Pentagon? The Pentagon is the center of the world's mightiest military machine and it couldn't defend itself from a civilian airliner?
(7) Even more mysterious, how did it happen that the Pentagon---which operates global spy satellites that can show the hood ornament of your car clearly from orbit---how is it the Pentagon has no photo of Flight 77 coming in? Not even a snap shot from some admiral's cell phone on the ground?