Problem: Too many of us are left powerless and revolted by Washington politics. Who the hell wants to be part of the team that brought in prohibition, destroyed the unions, expanded the military, and is bankrupting America! Washington and the status quo are failing badly; catastrophically, with no pity for casualties.
Solution: Build teams of communities more powerful than the Washington Bureaucrats. We must make it easy to know and care for each other within our communities, by building community through teamwork.
You will never feel more powerful, self-expressed or satisfied with life than when you are appreciated and part of a team that is accomplishing its mission. This is your chance to stand up and be counted, be the team that is leading the revolution in music and cooperation.
HAVE FUN! Choose one of the six teams below and go find people who want to make a difference. Through teamwork we can bring about a renaissance in creativity, freedom, and compassion. What would you accomplish with a million hands and voices moving as one? Cooperative teamwork is the opposite of violence and is the world's only hope for achieving a sustainable future.
Musicians: We need at least six songs or anthems. As you know, performing music makes the invisible connection between people real and tangible. That is the experience of teamwork. So the quality of the music must be such that it invites the audience to become co-creators of the music; allowing everyone present to experience the profound sense of connection and intimacy that comes from creating music.
I invite everyone to choose a Home Team, but also to make a commitment to celebrate the pleasures and responsibilities of life with your team, people you love and trust""as you create a better world.
Six Teams for a Better World
1. True Universal Health Care, including Dental, Eye Care and Education. Ability to pay has no place in a heath care system. There are too many laws that prevent health care professionals from working together to build more efficient and caring health care systems. Wellness first.
2. End Prohibition to reduce CRIME, CORRUPTION and WASTE. Prohibition has inspired more violence and corruption than any other government program in history.
3. Expand the Cash Economy to make it EASY to survive with very little money. Promote shared alternatives in housing and transportation; reduce tax code by 98 percent. Simplify.
4. Promote Cheap, Ubiquitous Communication: phones, internet, art, music, community events. Communities thrive when they are able to communicate, educate, inspire, collaborate, etc.
5. Encourage Border Crossing--these road blocks to life are a terrible idea, not far behind prohibition for instigating violence and criminal activity. You fear strangers, but love friends.
6. End State Sponsored Violence. There is no place for armies or violence in a world that works for everyone. It doesn't take a shot gun to hand out a speeding ticket. Lighten up.
Personally I found it impossible to choose just one team, that's why there are six, plus the concert idea to bring them all together into what I hope will become the largest musical events ever experienced. Music could ultimately succeed where violence failed: to Bring Unity & Peace to the World. Amen.