1. We do have a national and international disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. It becomes clearer every day that the planetary effort is needed to solve the problem of the oil spill. You, Sir, must proclaim the territory including the place of the spill a national disaster zone, US govt must take over ALL the operations and US Navy must commandeer the deepwater resources to the site. At the same time US govt must openly ask for help from the other nations who have any expertise in the area. A special Council must be created on the 24 - hour schedule to constantly review, test and implement the ideas deemed useful. The Govt labs' supercomputers and all the properties' databases are to be available on call, no fees, no charges, all for free. At the same time US govt must ask all the private resources to be available also for free with the Govt payment guarantees for the future. The BP engineers are to be still in charge of the implementations but the actual operation must be taken over by the federal authorities with one man appointed by you to be in charge.
2. BP assets must be seized and its operations in the US - stopped for good except for the leak- associated.
3.Coastal areas are to be proclaimed a disaster zone with FEMA and other agencies fully activated. The current volunteering effort should be expanded, for instance, illegal immigrants are to be encouraged to volunteer and get legal status as a reward.
5. AG must open the criminal case against CEOs of the BP, Haliburton and others involved in the disaster. Govt must open a direct line to whistle blowers, asking to report anything they know under full protection of the US laws.
6. Congress should discuss only the Gulf disaster, nothing else. So should the media. ALL celebrations, official functions, travel, visits, etc. must be canceled until further notice.
8. US must come out with the truce initiatives in Afghanistan and Iraq and officially announce the plans to leave those countries by the end of Y2010.
9. US must officially cancel all the plans of installation of the rocket complexes in Europe. Russia is to be proclaimed a future US strategic ally.
10. White House should rewrite the Energy Bill in such a way that energy innovation including energy from space is to be considered a top priority.
Mr. President, this is no joke. This is your chance to do the right thing. If you continue your policy of non-involvement and half-doings you will be responsible for all the consequences of this disaster because, as you know, the buck stops with you.