Over 2,750 doctors have signed the open letter urging John McCain to provide full disclosure of his medical records. And yet the corporate press has gone to great lengths to prevent the public from discussing this issue. That's why today on Meet the Bloggers at 1pm ET/10am PT, special guest Dr. Richard Sagebiel will lead the charge for full disclosure and transparency regarding McCain's health history.
Dr. Sagebiel, a pathologist in dermatology and co-director of the UCSF Melanoma Clinic, will be joined by bloggers Cheryl Contee (Jack & Jill Politics), Charles Karel Bouley (The Huffington Post), and Ari Melber (The Nation). They will discuss how Brave New PAC's ad on McCain's medical records has been censored by the corporate press and attacked by right-wing shock jocks like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh.
Watch Meet the Bloggers: http://meetthebloggers.org
To get caught up on this hot topic, check out some of the articles below. Then, tune in at 1pm ET/10am PT to join the conversation.
- Is McCain Concealing Medical Records? - Ari Melber, Politico
- New Urgency Over McCain Medical Questions as Election Nears - Sam Stein, Huffington Post
- Why Is the Corporate Press Censoring Attempts to Discuss McCain's Health Records? - ZP Heller, Brave New Films
- Why The Young Turks Are Carrying the Brave New PAC Ad About McCain's Health - Cenk Uygur, The Young Turks
- Doctors Call on McCain to Release Details of Bout with Skin Cancer - Daniel Nasaw, The Guardian
- McCain's Health Is a Legitimate Issue for Disclosure - Bob Ewegen, Denver Post
- Covering Candidates' Medical Records - Curtis Brainard, Columbia Journalism Review
Robert Greenwald, Leighton Woodhouse, Pamela Ezell
and the Brave New team
Brave New Foundation is supported by members like you, please consider making a donation. Our videos are available via email, RSS, YouTube and iTunes here. To stop receiving updates like this, click here. We are located at 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232 and firstname.lastname@example.org