Share on Facebook 13 Share on Twitter Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
Life Arts    H3'ed 6/30/19

Marianne Williamson Speaks for Herself

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages)     (# of views)   15 comments
Message Daniel Geery

The Commons Search didn't work for this video either; IMO, YouTube is censoring heavily (based on this and countless other "no finds"). However, the embed code still works, though even there I often have to press "play" several times to get a video I want to work.

No matter for the moment. Much has been said on MW on OEN, largely by Mike Rivage-Suel and Diana Perlman (sp?). Diana in particular raised my awareness. I've been aware of MW for decades, and seen seemingly a hundred references to her Course in Miracles and so have a fair sense of what it's about. Almost took it, but the cost was a bit high and the references to "God" didn't sit well with me as a "devout ex-Catholic." BUT her ideas are more spiritual that religious, by far and away, and that's fine too. I encourage atheists and hard-core materialists in particular to listen to this relatively short video; watch, listen, and make up your own mind, as always. I consider MW a genuine humanitarian, in any event. But she speaks well for herself, so I'll be happy to shut up get out of her light... dg

Must Read 1   Inspiring 1   Valuable 1
Rate It | View Ratings

Daniel Geery Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

In my run for U.S. Senate against Utah's Orrin Hatch, I posted many progressive ideas and principles that I internalized over the years. I'm leaving that site up indefinitely, since it describes what I believe most members of our species truly (more...)

CIA Agent Confesses On Deathbed: 'We Blew Up WTC7 On 9/11'...YourNewsWire.com

Why have kids?

The Foundation of Religion Fractured, shaky, and exposed

Military Coup Has Taken Over the U.S. A., Without a Single Shot Fired

Living on Sunshine, Underground & Off the Grid.

Comments

Daniel Geery

(Member since Jul 9, 2009), 70 fans, 337 articles, 3537 quicklinks, 16276 comments, 180 diaries
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

After a few moments of thought, I decided this belonged under Life Arts, as I see that as what Marianne is truly about. Deep insights applied to politics, good interview by someone not shown.

Submitted on Sunday, Jun 30, 2019 at 6:40:17 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (4+)

nelswight

(Member since Sep 3, 2006), 290 comments
Not paid member and Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

My wife, Ola, and I have connected with MW and ACIM for many years. She's REAL.

I tell her(Ola) that I can't see that the world is ready for MW yet, bur i find that Miracles do happen.

Submitted on Sunday, Jun 30, 2019 at 7:38:48 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Meryl Ann Butler

Become a Fan Follow Me on Twitter
(Member since Jun 5, 2006), 83 fans, 597 articles, 1866 quicklinks, 5773 comments, 7 diaries

Reply to nelswight:   New Content

LOL, yes, miracles DO happen....

in fact, there's a whole Course in them, LOL!

;-)

Submitted on Sunday, Jun 30, 2019 at 8:20:00 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to Meryl Ann Butler:   New Content

"Everything is a miracle, or nothing is." Albert Einstein

Submitted on Sunday, Jun 30, 2019 at 8:47:51 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

John Rachel

(Member since Jun 2, 2011), 45 fans, 75 articles, 3380 comments, 2 diaries

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Very impressive. I listened to every word. But ...

When will one of these insightful prima donnas turn to the people and say?: "Yes, you should vote for me for president. But just as important, you have to work community-by-community, district-by-district, state-by-state, and give me a Congress I can work with. Enough with the cage fighting and gridlock, the Battle Royale that goes on everyday in Washington DC. Elect a 'people's President', and elect a 'people's Congress'. Together we'll fix the mess and change the world!"

THE PRESIDENT IS THE LIGHTNING ROD.

THE CONGRESS IS THE LIGHTNING.

Am I out of line here?

Submitted on Sunday, Jun 30, 2019 at 11:16:57 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

Daniel Geery

Reply to John Rachel:   New Content

I would only add that the cabinet is at least equally important. Ten days in, Obama had the same GB staff--and I knew I'd been had! ­čś│

Submitted on Monday, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:31:22 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

John Rachel

(Member since Jun 2, 2011), 45 fans, 75 articles, 3380 comments, 2 diaries

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

The cabinet still functions within the boundaries of the Executive Branch. The Executive Branch shapes and makes policy, it fashions directives, it guides the APPLICATION and ENFORCEMENT of the law. But it doesn't make law. An effective Congress -- I know in these days of pathological gridlock and dysfunction that sounds like an oxymoron -- can contravene anything the Executive Branch does. It can REPLACE the players in the Executive Branch -- affectionately called 'impeachment'.

Thus, the real center of power in Washington DC -- despite the appearances and the hoopla generated by rock stars like Obama and Trump with the support of "reality TV", aka the media -- is with Congress. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Yes or no: Congress creates the entire legal framework within which the government and the nation functions? Yes or no: Law is supreme in a nation founded and built on law? Yes or no: A lawless Executive Branch is accountable to Congress?

This seems so obvious I I hope I'm not insulting your intelligence by committing it here in writing. Of course, sometimes the obvious is so obvious we can't see it. It's like finding out what's written on our eyelids. Pretty hard to do until you have someone you trust read it to you. Who do you trust? Me or Jake Tapper?

(Image by Unknown Owner) Details DMCA

Submitted on Monday, Jul 1, 2019 at 11:29:06 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to John Rachel:   New Content

Law is supreme in a nation founded and built on law? Yes or no

A lawless Executive Branch is accountable to Congress?

I recently rewatched, for more times than I care to admit, "My Cousin Vinny." Marissa Tomei, on the stand, said, "That's a bullshit question!" And went on to explain why.

So in short: Yes it should be so; in reality, no it isn't.

We need deep structural change to MAKE IT SO. But I can't possibly believe I'm saying anything new.

Back to your original comment, YES, we should be getting all the possible folks we can in at the local level.

On a personal level, been there, done that, and don't see the time left or have the urge to do it again. Namaste, Dan

Submitted on Tuesday, Jul 2, 2019 at 12:28:23 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndentIndent

John Rachel

(Member since Jun 2, 2011), 45 fans, 75 articles, 3380 comments, 2 diaries

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

Well, "My Cousin Vinny" is one of my favorite movies of all time. But I can't say your "That's a bullshit question!" retort is one of my favorite Daniel Geary comments. Let me try asking another couple questions which hopefully won't be cavalierly dismissed. Because I asked the original questions not to be smug or smarmy or confrontational. I asked them in the hope that people would THINK about my framing of the political dynamic, and stop mindlessly cowing to the approved narrative and obsession with the presidential race, paths which will without fail doom us to more of the same corporate/Deep State tyranny.

So here are my two questions. Again I'm throwing this out in complete earnest in the hope that you don't just cry "bullshit question". More generally, I'm attempting to get folks here to objectively look at where they're putting their time and mental energy:

1) Will electing either Bernie or Tulsi or the combination of Bernie and Tulsi as president and vice-president result in "the deep structural change to MAKE IT SO"?

2) Other than a violent overthrow of the government, is there any approach, one I'm not aware of, other than electing a Congress that faithfully reports to those who vote them into office -- i.e. doing the bidding of all citizens, not just the rich and powerful -- which promises to inaugurate "the deep structural change to MAKE IT SO" and begin working on behalf of the PEOPLE?

Submitted on Tuesday, Jul 2, 2019 at 3:01:18 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to John Rachel:   New Content

Didn't mean to be facetious, but was tired and gave my knee-jerk response. Will get back on this tomorrow. dg

Submitted on Tuesday, Jul 2, 2019 at 4:04:46 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

Just reread your original comment. What prompted my response was it seems obvious that this is the way things SHOULD be, but clearly aren't.

Yes, the more folks we have in state and local offices the better. Absolutely. Which is why I have been active in environmental politics forever, education politics for a decade (and got fired for it click here), and ran against Hatch in 2012 click here, and got totally blackballed, even by five college newspapers who wouldn't so much as publish a letter to the editor. It's why I've written literally hundreds of letters to the editor and a few opinion pieces, since the seventies.

I asked the great, late Dave Brower, who I had the great honor of interviewing in 1977 click here, why he didn't run for office. He said he truly felt he could be more effective from the outside. As I have zero doubt that he was.

I have more than once compared politicians to cardboard cutouts. They may look great, but we need to seriously prop them up to make them stand up. They can't operate successfully without a large support base; I think that is fact far more than opinion.

We also desperately need evolutionary changes in consciousness, such as suggested by Marianne Williamson. We are talking memes here, aka thoughts whose time has come; evolution on steroids, compared to biological evolution. Unfortunately, there are many memes that we run on around the planet, which are more like tragic viruses. At least that is how I see things.

Along with this, we need to recognize the power of the internet, however diminishing it is by the day (and why we should be fighting our asses off to keep it alive and not turned into "the splinternet"). This IS the nervous system of the planet, and we can for all effective purposes, in less than a second, put our eyes and ears in countless places around the planet. Join discussions with the most esoteric groups or mainstream groups; have our own thoughts and even videos posted real time for anyone in the world to check, if they have unfiltered internet access.

I am immediately reminded of the beautiful and inspiring video that you and your wife have put up around the holiday season, at least twice. I still get inspired just thinking about it.

Even with the many glitches that have arisen with online dating sites, the number of potential partners one can find, using considerable discretion, expands exponentially. Indeed, it's how I met Christine, with whom I just celebrated our 9th anniversary.

One on-point letter can do amazing things. I was fired for one, I helped the U of U campus get the late Barry Commoner on the Utah ballot long ago, I believe I was instrumental in getting the Mormon Church to change its 100 year old stand with the Boy Scouts and also change its mind on the insane MX Missile project. I got terminated from the Idaho Falls Post Register on the subject of the Special Isotope Separation Project, designed to create triggers for nuclear weapons, due to my never ending war in the letters to the editor on the project (and once hailed by a librarian who I didn't even know). If I scratched my brain harder I could come with a dozen or more examples. "Armchair warrior" has long had new meaning, though I still do "boots on the ground," as in opposing the Iraq War and condemning Trump for his stance on the Bears' Ear Monument in southern Utah (did an article on that one somewhere around here). Oh yea, think of Arab Spring and the Yellow Vest Movement.

Hope that answers your question better. In the end, I of course everyone to make up their own mind and act accordingly. Quite as recommended in an article I posted yesterday, by Dahr Jarmail click here (skip to the last ten minutes for more ideas on this matter).

Submitted on Tuesday, Jul 2, 2019 at 4:50:02 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

Also got many lawyers in great trouble, one having to retire early (Fred Hahn, of Holden, Kidwell, Hahn, and Congressman Crapo, after I sent around one of his most embarrassing letters that we got hold of), exposed "the education governor, Cecil Andrus" for tax fraud with a phosphate company, encouraged Stephen Bistline of the Idaho Supreme Court to retire early in disgust (almost certainly), may have given a heart attack to an aging, ailing Federal Judge in Boise (at least his heart attack came within days after I filed a scalding pleading). Met once with the former head of the Idaho State Bar while taking a leak next to him in a courthouse restroom; he turned to me and said, "So you're the infamous Daniel Geery." This, when two lawyers and I were exposing phenomenal corruption in the Idaho so-called justice system, though extreme discovery tactics. Long story, too long for here, and gratefully largely faded from my memory bank.

It's like teaching or any writing: You never know where the seeds will land and potentially sprout and grow. Keep the faith and keep on truckin'.

Submitted on Tuesday, Jul 2, 2019 at 5:01:13 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

John Rachel

(Member since Jun 2, 2011), 45 fans, 75 articles, 3380 comments, 2 diaries

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

"Hope that answers your question better"

It puts your long, admirable dedication to the good fight in perspective.

My comment was technical, not personal, certainly not calling into question your commitment or the value of your activism, certainly not one which required any "defense" on your part. If anything, I asked you BECAUSE I know your work, deep understanding, objectivity, wide-ranging knowledge of our political history.

I was trying to make a very simple point. I think AGAIN we are being duped, intentionally or not. It's the magician's trick. Get them watching the left hand while the right hand removes your toupee and stuffs it in your wife's bra. There are 24 candidates running for president as Democrats. There are at least three running as Republicans that I know of beyond the Tyrannosaurus in the room. Doesn't that seem excessive at best, suspicious at better, sinister at worst? Where is the time to talk about real issues when we're forced to watch something less riveting than a high school debate about whether girls should be allowed on the junior varsity football team? And what changes, regardless of who wins this contest of flapping lips?

That's all I have to say. It's either self-explanatory or I'm hallucinating. All I ask is that the hallucinations be more interesting and entertaining than the horror channel I'm subscribed to.

Peace, brother! I'm still in awe and admiration of you and all you've done to save this pathetic republic from itself.

Submitted on Tuesday, Jul 2, 2019 at 10:22:50 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to John Rachel:   New Content

Hate to carry on with a tangential response. BUT I have no need or desire to defend myself, I do what I do and keep on moving.

I was adding my tactical advice, as I see it, namely the power of writing combined with what we have left of the internet. No more to add.

EXCEPT THIS, which exceeds all words I have to offer. MUST WATCH for any OEN reader or human who hasn't seen it: click here Watch the three minute or so video, life changing or perhaps life reaffirming.

Submitted on Friday, Jul 5, 2019 at 1:03:29 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to John Rachel:   New Content

Just posted a response, but evidently to myself! It should be nearby somewhere.

Submitted on Tuesday, Jul 2, 2019 at 4:50:49 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Want to post your own comment on this Article? Post Comment