Marianne Williamson is running for the Democratic nomination for President. She's not a viable candidate, but her participation in the debate will make a big difference. She brings a 30-year commitment to a moral philosophy of people caring for one another. She is charismatic and politically informed. She's articulate and thinks on her feet.
Her participation in the debates this spring will assure that some issues will come up that no one else is eager to talk about.
- Militarism and neo-colonialism
- The fact that lopsided wealth distributions are inherent in capitalism, unless capitalism is softened by regulation
- Our moral obligation to people seeking asylum
- Reparations for Native Americans and for descendants of slaves
- Criminal justice and prison reform
In addition, she will be a voice for single payer, for free college tuition, and all the expensive issues that Bernie has raised, and she will not be afraid to say that "we will pay for them by slashing the defense budget"
Marianne has a personal following of millions for her videos, her books, and her Facebook page. For some reason, these people are not realizing the transformative potential of her run for President.
What can you do?
In order to be included in the debates, Marianne needs 65,000 individual donors. At present, she has about 1/3 of that. No amount is to small. Please sign up at her web site to give $1.