I have been struck by lightning and had a Near Death Experience, been held up at gun point by a murderer and had a life-threatening bout with cancer. In each of these dire situations, a very different, distinct angelic voice came to me to give me exact steps to save my life. In the many intervening years, I struggled to find answers to questions I had as to "why" these events happened. What I finally realized was that I had to take a chance on changing my life, RIGHT THEN, and later, sharing that path with others.
For more than 30 years, I traveled a path of discovering a connection to who I was and who I wanted to be. Many years followed of working with some of the most gifted intuitives and spiritual teachers in the country. They taught me to believe in myself and discover my own heart-centered guidance. We each have our own answers to every question we ask ourselves, but sometimes we don't believe we are qualified or "good enough" to realize those answers.
Intuition, as defined by Webster's Dictionary, is a "sixth sense, instinct, or gut feeling" and every one of us has it. It's like a muscle and just needs to be exercised to put it into good use. Your intuition resides in your heart. It's your heart that guides you to find answers about what to do in challenging, decision-making times. The most powerful energy in the universe is love and that passion for yourself and others resides in your heart. There is an invisible golden thread that connects you to your angelic realm and it links your heart to your "matrix" of sacred guidance (birth place of angelic/human communication).
How do you recognize that connection and activate it? First, you do not have to go through some life-threatening experience to know that you are connected to divine wisdom. Listed below are some of the steps I have learned over the years on how to listen and learn from my guidance/intuition:
- Stop the frenetic pace of life and breathe. Just take a moment to breathe in from your nose and out through your mouth, 3 to 4 times. Hold that breath at the top of the in-breath and then, let it out very slowly through your mouth.
- Find quiet time each day to allow your intuition to speak to you. It could be after the kids go to school in the morning, when you're on a commute on a plane or train (I use headphones), outside on a walk or run -- just some place where you can unplug and get some answers.
- Occasionally, spend several hours a day or even a full day alone, if you can find it, to disconnect from the world. Your angelic guidance needs "a quiet space" to be able to activate that golden thread of connection to your heart.
- After you have done these disconnect exercises for several weeks, you will find that you will want to jot down any information that pops into your head. These words you hear are the beginning of your celestial conversation and it will become stronger each time you recognize its presence.
- How do your recognize that conversation? It feels like it has no fear! It is simply spoken in an all-loving voice of comforting advice.
Now, why is this divine guidance important to you? It is the inner voice that keeps your body healthy and your mind clear. Knowing that you have an angelic army that "has your back" is so reassuring that you will begin to trust yourself more in your decision making process. This path of positive feedback from your heart will help guide you in maintaining your physical well-being. The concept that the "body has wisdom" and will tell you when you need to address a physical or emotional issue comes directly from your enhanced intuition living in your heart space.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).