This candidate is currently running for President in the 2012 GOP field.
Here are some of the things this candidate would like to do:
WARNING: The following list contains high levels of sarcasm.
- Remove restrictions on drilling, so energy companies can drill wherever they want and screw up even more sensitive ecosystems.
- Repeal the federal tax on gasoline and all of the crucial infrastructure programs it funds.
- Lift government roadblocks to the use of coal and nuclear power so we can enjoy more coal related deaths and leave ourselves open to disasters like Fukushima.
- Eliminate the EPA. Polluters should answer directly to property owners in court for the damages they create because regular people have unlimited money and resources to pursue legal remedy in court.
- Repeal ObamaCare and put citizens back at the mercy of insurance companies, keeping tens of millions of people without health insurance, deny them insurance because of pre-existing conditions, dropping them when they need coverage most and denying seniors preventive care. That'll be popular.
- Provide tax credits and deductions for all medical expenses because that will pay for lengthy hospital stays or life saving surgery.
- Exempt those with terminal illnesses from the employee portion of payroll taxes while they are suffering from such illnesses or are incurring significant medical costs associated with their conditions because what we pay in payroll taxes will pay for millions of dollars in terminal illness treatment.
- Give a payroll deduction to any worker who is the primary caregiver for a spouse, parent, or child with a terminal illness because a payroll deduction will definitely be enough to offset the exorbitant costs of caring for someone with a terminal illness.
- Ensure that those harmed during medical treatment receive fair compensation while reducing the burden of costly malpractice litigation on the health care system by providing a tax credit for "negative outcomes" insurance purchased before medical treatment because incompetent doctors are the real victims and shouldn't be held accountable for ruining someone's life, health and/or body.
- Make all Americans eligible for Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and remove government-imposed barriers to obtaining HSAs because so many people in the country are swimming in extra money to tuck away into a Health Savings Account to cover any and all medical expenses. Everyone knows health care costs are so low this should take care of it.
- Stop the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) from interfering with Americans' knowledge of and access to dietary supplements and alternative treatments because we don't need silly regulations on food or drugs.
- Prevent federal bureaucrats from tracking every citizen's medical history from cradle to grave by prohibiting the use of taxpayer funds for a national database of personal health information because we wouldn't want centralized medical records eliminating the need to perform redundant tests or information gathering.
- Vetoing any unbalanced budget Congress sends to his desk, eliminating programs that will likely cause suffering and/or death to many citizens.
- Refusing to further raise the debt ceiling so we can further erode our credit rating because we'd default on our current debts. No, this isn't Michelle Bachmann but based on this statement just as stupid.
- Ending the corporate stranglehold on the White House because being a long standing member of the corporately owned GOP doesn't reek of corporate influence.
- Eliminating the income, capital gains, and estate taxes so you don't have to pay your fair share of taxes for such things as infrastructure, police, fire dept, schools, roads, libraries, etc. but you'll keep using those services anyways or you'll be left to fend for yourself.
- Opposing all unfunded mandates and unnecessary regulations on small businesses and entrepreneurs because funding the mandates and holding businesses accountable is out of the question.
- Introducing legislation to repeal the "Brady Bill" and the so-called "Assault Weapons Ban." Because we desperately need more assault weapons in circulation so hunters will have a fighting chance against all those formidable deer and rabbits and criminals will be able to defend themselves adequately against those pesky police officers.
- Authoring legislation to end U.S. membership in the anti-gun United Nations to ensure American tax dollars are not used to fund global gun control schemes like the so-called "Small Arms Treaty." Really? Guns are this important? How about reviewing gun related death stats in this country compared to other countries? Guns are DEFINITELY not under fire (pun intended) in this country. Doesn't the NRA have the "looney over guns" market cornered already?
- Writing a bill that would allow pilots and specially trained law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers and help prevent future 9/11-style attacks which they're already allowed to do. Air marshalls and law enforcement officers are also allowed to carry firearms with approval. Don't you think people are more concerned with jobs than guns right now?
- Wants to eliminate public sector unions and implement national right to work legislation because collective bargaining limits profits. Please reference Wisconsin and Ohio to understand how this will play out.
- The only mention of education in this candidate's platform is where home schooling is concerned. Home schooling is a great alternative to public schools for families that need it but our public school system has served this country wonderfully for decades despite being de-funded and attacked. How about reforming public education by increasing efficiency and eliminating waste and fraud then properly funding it?
- Defending individual liberties except in the case of reproductive rights and then it's OK to have big government:
- Immediately saving lives by effectively repealing Roe v. Wade and preventing activist judges from interfering with state decisions on life by removing abortion from federal court jurisdiction through legislation because we need to return to back alley abortions.
- Defining life as beginning at conception by passing a "Sanctity of Life Act." because that went over so well in Mississippi in the last election. If that can't pass in Mississippi then it won't pass anywhere except maybe Texas which just so happens to be where this dipstick is from.
- Fighting to fully audit (and then end) the Federal Reserve System because reforming and/or nationalizing the Fed is too difficult for someone this stupid and lazy.
- Legalizing sound money, so the government is forced to get serious about the dollar's value by returning us to the gold standard which is a shortcut to thinking.
Have you guessed who it is yet? It's the self proclaimed defender of liberty (except when it comes to abortion) Ron Paul!
He and his family's ideology seem very similar to that of Ayn Rand. Ron's son Randall Paul is called Randy by his parents but he calls himself "Rand". You figure it out.
Are you familiar with Ayn Rand? The queen of selfishness and hypocrisy believed in the "me" society where everyone is "on their own". She didn't believe in entitlements but when diagnosed with lung cancer decided that instead of spending her vast wealth on health care she would instead cash in on Medicare and social security, the very entitlements she supposedly abhorred.
For those of you who love Ron Paul for his foreign policy and ending the war on drugs, both of which I agree with, or "end the Fed" have you bothered to read about his stance on other issues? I've taken the time to read about his platform in detail and he has almost nothing in common with the Occupy movement.
I cannot imagine how anyone who believes in and supports the Occupy movement would even entertain this heartless fake! This guy has no interest in regulating Wall Street. He wants to do away with all regulations on corporations and businesses. He wants to eliminate the EPA which is responsible for the clean air and drinking water we currently enjoy. Have you bothered to look back at how things were before Nixon created the EPA? Pollution was atrocious -- far worse than it is now.
He doesn't make any mention in his platform of reforming campaign financing or getting the money out of Washington. He doesn't talk about de-fanging lobbyists by taking away their ability to throw mountains of money at politicians. He doesn't say a word about overturning Citizens United.
The fact that he is a long standing member of the corporately owned GOP is not a recipe for reform. If he were running as a third party candidate, that might go a long way toward validating his candidacy but he's not.
He also believes that the Civil rights act of 1964 should be repealed as well as Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. In other words, our country would be set back 50 or 100 years by Ron Paul and his "ideas". I don't hate the guy but I hate the fact that so many people are willing to give him their vote without knowing the full story. The GOP is masterful at deceiving people into voting against their own best interests and Ron Paul is just another GOP deception artist in a different wrapper.