Israeli and Palestinian Protests
Quitting isn't an option.
by Stephen Lendman
Mass Palestinian prisoner hunger strikes continue. Freedom, dignity, and respect for their rights are at issue. Strikers want horrific Israeli prison abuses ended. More on that below.
On Saturday, thousands of Israelis rallied nationwide for social justice. They picked up where they left off last summer. Major grievances remain unaddressed. They include:
(1) Unaffordable housing.
(2) High food and energy prices.
(3) Low wages and eroding social benefits.
(4) Onerous taxes on working households.
(5) Lack of free education and better healthcare benefits.
(6) Weak labor rights.
(8) A disproportionate amount of construction funding for settlement development. Too little remains for affordable housing in Israel.
(10) The "high cost of raising children" most Israelis face.
In Shapira, Levinsky, Hatikva, and other neighborhoods, marches converged on Tel Aviv's Rabin Square. Demonstrators chanted:
"We want justice, not charity."