An economic system which helps approximately half of the population, and has the other half struggling is unjust and unnecessary. Here are my ideas about how to improve the economy:
1. Implement a Second Currency called Hour Dollars, http://www.siue.edu/~rblain/index.htm , click the "Bob's Hour Money Site" in the Right Column, bottom. An Hour of Labor can be a Medium of Exchange. The Federal Government can issue Greenbacks of Hour Dollars. Employers can work their employees, and pay them in the Hour Dollars. We can have an Hour equal to $45, which is basically the minimum for a self-employed person to pay her/his bills, and pay her/himself a $20 an Hour Paycheck. Employers could employ more employees, and pay them the Greenbacks issued by the Federal Government. We could then work ourselves into prosperity. Right now, with Fractional Currency, many of us are struggling simply to pay our debts. With Hour Dollars, any person willing to work a 40 Hour Week will be guaranteed being able to enter the Middle Class.
2. Even if we get the economy moving, we need to work on becoming better stewards of ourselves, and our world, and the environment around us. The people need to become concerned and invested in their own lives and the world around themselves. I believe that Republican Government takes this concern away, since Representatives carry the burden of concern, and mostly they carry the concern of the Few over the Many. Maybe the Republic needs to be fixed, and the Republic is part of the Problem, hence we need another Constitutional Convention, bringing together the 50 States, and the Federal House of Representatives and the Senate and fix this Government. It appears the lacking of our government and the actions of bureaucrats and politicians have helped put our economy into this decline. We need to work on ourselves and the world around us. A new Constitution or a revised current government appears to be absolutely essential to fixing the economy.
3. Local Production for Local Demand. We have the technology and ability to solve many of the problems we have, if we would work with the people and resources at hand. Here in Missouri with the Resources and People we have, together with the State Government we could improve our State Economy. There are other States that likewise could do more to get their economies going. In Missouri, we have various Taxes that make us uncompetitive against other States, maybe, instead of trying to compete against the other States we simply worked on creating a Self-Sufficient State, we could improve our lot economically.
4. It is obvious to me that there needs to be more education and more conversation about many things, including the Environment, Human Psychology and Sociology, Polity, Policy, etcetera. It cannot be acceptable that we do not attempt to educate the people better. Should education end after High School or University or Trade School? Many people do not trust others, and even have thoughts that the answer lies in only taking care of oneself. This Selfish Attitude is what helped bring our economy down. Many peoples throughout the world teach that one should behave with concern for future generations. If we are wishing to progress we need to fix our problems, and in order to fix our problems we need a more educated public.
5. Even if we cannot change the Economy on the Federal or State Level, we could improve the economy at our community level. Through Barter and Work Trade, the People can work with the Resources at hand and assist improving each other's lives.
6. End the Wars and Military Industrial Complex. War Costs the Treasury. What a waste of Human Potential and Money and Time? I hate to say it folks, but all of this conflict does not work for anyone but the Insane and the Producers and Manufactures of the War Machine. Do these people need the Taxpayer's Wealth to be continually given to them? Should not we end the fact that the US, Russia, China, North Korea, France, Great Britian, and Israel, and several other countries are all arming the whole world with unnecessary Military Equipment. We need to end this Hypernationalism, and this Unnecessary Military Competition among these War Criminals throughout our world. These people involved in the Various War Machines of the World should be tried as War Criminals in the Hague and we need to stop this unnecessary expense upon the various economies throughout the war. Let us try a Day without War, then go for a Week, and then a Month, then a Year, and then just end the whole stupid Tyranny and Horror that that has created for the rest of Humanity.
7. Make it completely illegal, and immediatlely prosecutable for anyone to Lie, Cheat, Defraud, or Harm any Consumers. Corporations need to be responsible for their actions. No Person should be taken advantage of by business. Business should add value to Consumers lives, not shorten their lives. Geez!