This is just hilarious. Our guy Tom Brokaw will unleash the documentary about Brits and Americans during WWII, paying special tribute to Churchill and FDR. Now we will have two great men instead of three before, who apparently defined the path of History ( such small potatoes like De Gaulle or Tito are not worth mentioning, of course). Steady boy, steady; let's see if they tell us about some inglorious moments too:
- Will they tell us about England, France and US openly ignoring taking of Austria by Germans in 1938 which was preceded by the assassination of Chancellor Dolphus in his office and subsequent imprisonment of Chancellor Shushnig? Those, who watch now the way we handle Syria should make a note for themselves. Also, will they tell us about Vienna Jews forced to clean the streets of Vienna with toothbrushes while Winnie and Co. had fun (you say Winnie was not in charge? In England it is not the man that counts but belonging)?
- Will they tell us how in Munich in 1938 England and others with the support of the US betrayed Czechoslovakia; how Czech army generals pleaded that their army, ready and willing needed only the cover from air to INVADE Bavaria, how Russia was offering help but Poland refused to let Russian armies through and how Polish armies together with Hungarians actually joined Hitler in the attack on Czechoslovakia?
- Will they tell us how the US insurance companies refused to honor the insurance claims by German Jews after the CrystallNacht and also how the US shipping companies supplied their German subsidiaries with the cargo manifests for all ships going to the Atlantic up until 1943? Globalization, huh?
- Will they tell us how for some strange reason the English/French delegation sent to Moscow in 1939 to sign a deal about mutual struggle against Germany had no credentials and it was because of that the insulted Stalin turned to Hitler instead?
- Will they tell us how Winnie and Co. supported the choking of the Spanish Republic, openly attacked by German Legion Condor and Italian tank corps and how England was OK when Guernica was destroyed and Madrid was firebombed? It was the prelude for Coventry. Dresden and Hiroshima.