Share on Facebook 15 Share on Twitter 2 Printer Friendly Page More Sharing

Getting Scalped by a Peaceful Warrior: Kamala Harris should have known better

By       (Page 1 of 1 pages)     (# of views)   14 comments
Message Daniel Geery

Tulsi has made much of her career of eight years in the military, serving as a Major and helping her friends in harm's way as a medic. She's been criticized for that, along with her support for a non-binding resolution (a sign to me she is clearly serious about becoming Commander-in-Chief). She was criticized for her support of the new military budget, near as I can tell from a reliable OEN reader because in that bill was packaged support for fellow vets, who we are so happy to send to war for large corporations, but then offer them nothing in the way of immediate or later support. I've known more vets than I can count, including my Dad who got his ass shot up in WW11 and a Purple Heart to take the place of his life-long injuries and PTSD. I watched Peaceful Warrior with Nick Nolte years ago, I think three times and highly recommend it.

Say what you want about TG. As much as I've watched of her and about her, I can she is brilliant, a clear and forward progressive thinker, a genuine person, a peaceful warrior, and more insightful even that her most close observers that I'm aware of. But of course decide that for yourself (I also love Marianne Williamson's thinking on a genuine systemic level and way of speaking it, both eloquently and like greased lightning; I see them as birds of a feather at heart, wonderful complements to each other).

That bit aside, I assume most readers here have seen the Harris-Gabbard "give and take." After that, Tulsi and Harris' searches shot through the roof, and for good reason. Kamala set our her goons in full force to smear Tulsi ever since. But what has intrigued me more than anything to date came from Nick House, who I've seen a few times and liked his analysis.

Here it is on why you shouldn't blow smoke at Tulsi; she not only likes it, but returns it as fire, as suggested by the title of this lead-in to a short video.

(Article changed on August 3, 2019 at 21:30)

Must Read 2   Supported 2   Well Said 1
Rate It | View Ratings

Daniel Geery Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

In my run for U.S. Senate against Utah's Orrin Hatch, I posted many progressive ideas and principles that I internalized over the years. I'm leaving that site up indefinitely, since it describes what I believe most members of our species truly (more...)

CIA Agent Confesses On Deathbed: 'We Blew Up WTC7 On 9/11'...YourNewsWire.com

Why have kids?

The Foundation of Religion Fractured, shaky, and exposed

Military Coup Has Taken Over the U.S. A., Without a Single Shot Fired

Living on Sunshine, Underground & Off the Grid.

Comments

Dennis Kaiser

(Member since Jan 22, 2008), 38 fans, 70 articles, 435 quicklinks, 5615 comments, 48 diaries
Not paid member and Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Not paid member and Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Kamala will be protected by the DNC, who has her as their candidate, and the bought and paid for media gerbils who only know what they are told to say or write.

They appear to be wearing out the Assad smear though, not telling the public that members of Congress have a duty to meet and know leaders of other nations, the good and the bad, as it is the responsibility of Congress to authorize wars. Smearing Tulsi on her being invited to meet with Assad is smearing her for carrying out her duty as a member of Congress. Where are others in carrying out their duties?

Tulsi is the only candidate who has the intelligence and composure to fulfill the duties of Commander in Chief, but our propagandists will not allow this to happen. I ask, where is their patriotism? Is it to the United States of America, or is it to the Deep State?

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 at 4:10:37 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (5+)

Art Costa

(Member since May 19, 2010), 2 fans, 824 comments
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

And this (below) was before TG's vote against BDS and the $1.3 Trillion in military spending. Brilliant? If you're going to be for a realpolitik Council on Foreign Relations member, just say that's your kind of leadership, the Commander-In-Chief (remember presidents are only CIC when they preside over war).

CodePink report on Candidates regarding war:

"But Gabbard's actual voting record on war and peace issues, especially on military spending, is not nearly as dovish as Sanders'. She voted for 19 of 29 military spending bills in the past 6 years, and she has only a 51% Peace Action voting record. Many of the votes that Peace Action counted against her were votes to fully fund controversial new weapons systems, including nuclear-tipped cruise missiles (in 2014, 2015 and 2016); an 11th US aircraft-carrier (in 2013 and 2015); and various parts of Obama's anti-ballistic missile program, which fueled the New Cold War and arms race she now decries. Gabbard voted at least twice (in 2015 and 2016) not to repeal the much-abused 2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force, and she voted three times not to limit the use of Pentagon slush funds. In 2016, she voted against an amendment to cut the military budget by just 1%. Gabbard received $8,192 in "defense" industry contributions for her 2018 reelection campaign. Gabbard still believes in a militarized approach to counterterrorism, despite studies showing that this feeds a self-perpetuating cycle of violence on both sides. She is still in the military herself and embraces what she calls a "military mindset." She ended her CNN Town Hall by saying that being Commander-in-Chief is the most important part of being president. As with Sanders, we have to ask, "Which Tulsi would we see in the White House?" Would it be the Major with the military mindset, who cannot bring herself to deprive her military colleagues of new weapons systems or even a 1% cut from the trillions of dollars in military spending she has voted for? Or would it be the veteran who has seen the horrors of war and is determined to bring the troops home and never again send them off to kill and be killed in endless regime change wars?"

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 at 6:10:12 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (3+)

Daniel Geery

(Member since Jul 9, 2009), 69 fans, 356 articles, 3551 quicklinks, 16512 comments, 180 diaries

Reply to Art Costa:   New Content

Much trouble and time responding here due to either computer and electrical problems or both. Without going to details (and trusting that others can find the link you gave), I summarize my thinking here by noting that Sanders is ranked first, Gabbard second. CP makes it clear there are no guarantees, which of course is understood. I greatly respect and appreciate your thoughtful responses, without fail as far as I can recall; well researched and written.

But here is a piece by Caitlin Johnstone, who I hold in great respect, just as I do for the amazing Media Benjamin click here

Given all I can absorb and process, and countless sites and videos I've read or watched carefully, I continue to see Tulsi as the candidate I'd prefer.

I also note that she and Bernie are friends, have been for a long time, and I have a hard time believing that if either one came out as POTUS, they would not have the other in their cabinet.

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 at 8:18:28 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

Devil's Advocate

(Member since Nov 9, 2014), 9 fans, 3007 comments

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

I'm still unable to process Tulsi's last few House votes. It's disturbing, as I've already ranted on about.

Having said that, I guess if you're going to vote for a Democrat, Tulsi and Bernie are probably still the "lesser of 24 evils".

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 at 9:02:22 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (5+)

Daniel Geery

Reply to Devil's Advocate:   New Content

I've asked Kim Iversen to interview her on the BDS res and the military $$$ authorization bill. I'm not crazy about them, but think I understand. Kim Iversen did her damndest to explain--as in actually explain, not cheer for the BDS matter--and as far as the military bill goes, an OEN reader explained in an email to me (I asked because of his extremely well researched and written comments, etc.), that funding for those in uniform was tied to the spending bill. Not the best news I want to hear, but at least it made sense and I could envision the military spending rapidly being turned around to use the military folks for the countless legitimate domestic and global needs.

I haven't read it yet, but TG claims to have introduced a climate change bill that goes far beyond the Green New Deal. Hope to learn more about this before long. It is clearly our greatest enemy, besides our own thinking--as Marianne Williamson points out so well.

Meanwhile, no problem saying I am utterly disappointed as I am with the global population quadrupling from when I was born, Aug. 8, 1947, to the present (except that it's true). Along with all the other horrors we have inflicted on the planet, ourselves, and life on earth in general.

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 at 9:27:51 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

Devil's Advocate

(Member since Nov 9, 2014), 9 fans, 3007 comments

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

That interview would be helpful, if it can happen fast enough. I sure hear ya on the rest.

You've got a bit of a paradox before you. The climate must be dealt with immediately, yet every dollar that could be used to deal with it (along with many other neglected needs) is being pissed away on war. And, the very corporations who should be held responsible for an environmental turnaround are still being incentivized to do the reverse.

Without an immediate reversal on the military agenda, and a compulsory mandate to address the climate crisis, complete with the right restraints and obligations placed on the major polluters, nothing will change.

This causes me to think that reining in the War Machine might be the single most important thing to focus on, as it's sucking the life out of everything else, despite how I feel about other factors.

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 at 10:41:08 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (4+)

IndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to Devil's Advocate:   New Content

My minor disagreement is that "WE have a paradox before US.."

As MAW so well explains. We are cells in a system and MUST realte to fellow cells. OR be a cancer, out of control, as we are now.

Submitted on Saturday, Aug 3, 2019 at 11:23:09 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

IndentIndentIndentIndent

Devil's Advocate

(Member since Nov 9, 2014), 9 fans, 3007 comments

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

Yes, I certainly meant "we". That was just "Canadian" dialog quirk coming through, eh.

Submitted on Sunday, Aug 4, 2019 at 6:22:31 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (2+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to Devil's Advocate:   New Content

I certainly get that, having lived with my wife from Hamilton for over eleven years--and last year visited my extended family in Beamsville for about ten days. When my wife's brother died about ten years ago, I was amazed at how fast I was saying "eh?" almost every other sentence. We have many discussions about Canadian ways of saying things.

E.g., when Christine asks me "What?" during a video, and I try to answer, she tells me it was not a real question, just a Canadian thing. Then when I don't try to explain, she tells me it was an American question, and she wants to know.

We've finally come to grips, almost completely but not quite, on when "Jesus!" means either Jesus Christ or Jesus Murphy (a Canadian guy who bootlegged during prohibition, with a wagon full of booze under stacks of bibles). Christine has an article on this subject in general, that I'll post if she can dig it up.

The way Canada was named, incidentally, was that when they were trying to come up with a name, they decided to pull random scrabble letters out of a bag. One fellow was chosen, and the first he pulled out was "C," to which he added, "eh?"

The next was "N," to which he said the same. Then a "D," followed by "eh?"

Submitted on Sunday, Aug 4, 2019 at 7:46:54 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

IndentIndentIndentIndentIndentIndent

Devil's Advocate

(Member since Nov 9, 2014), 9 fans, 3007 comments

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

Cute. Actually, the name "Canada" came from the Huron-Iroquois (indigenous) word "kanata," meaning "village" or "settlement."

In Canada, people often say "you" when it means "we". Saying things like "You have before you..." is probably an unconscious way we try to "personalize" a collective problem to one person, in hopes he/she will join us in our thinking. I'm not absolutely certain where it comes from, but that's my running theory on it. :)

Submitted on Sunday, Aug 4, 2019 at 8:57:33 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Art Costa

(Member since May 19, 2010), 2 fans, 824 comments

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

Why do you and a couple other posters feel compel to repeat the story about a debate that's more like a reality show than reality.

I've posted a straightforward record of Gabbard on war and the military and you keep pushing the same repitition.

Of course Harris is a corporate neoliberal shill.

That's not a revelation. If you think Gabbard could be different than her record, than why not Harris or Biden or anyone.

Trump said virtually the same stiff and the MSM came after him.

The system and its bit actors aren't going to change...change anything.

Submitted on Sunday, Aug 4, 2019 at 12:30:46 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

IndentIndentIndent

Daniel Geery

Reply to Art Costa:   New Content

This particular post shows the true soul of what appears to be the top dog corporate neoliberal shill. I think we ought to know about that person, indeed believe it IS CRITICAL to know, even in our ever-fading supposed democracy. This clip shows how Tulsi deals with utter nonsense and in this case insanity. It shows her serving a genuine psychopath her own head on a platter of her own making. Though I had not seen this particular ad before, I have been aware of how Harris has gone all out to smear TG, as well as how Google and other establishment goons have done their shadowy, deceitful work to mislead the American public.

I had no idea others were "pushing this" and in any event can't speak for them, whoever they may be. I happen to have a great fondness for poetic justice and assumed others did too.

"The system and its bit actors aren't going to change... change anything."

Bernie changed and brought us Trump, as far as I know.

Here's a related video that shows a side of the BDS resolution titled "House Anti-BDS Resolution Reveals the Power and Limits of the Israeli Lobby." I consider these insights extremely important, regarding this global hotspot that could erupt overnight into nuclear armageddon. I'd call it genuinely valuable for any adult with an interest in the future of life on earth, who wishes to think a centimeter or two below the surface. As far as I know, you aren't required to watch it, anymore than you are to read my various scribblings on OEN. click here

Submitted on Sunday, Aug 4, 2019 at 7:11:45 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Anton Grambihler

(Member since Feb 22, 2007), 1 fan, 1 articles, 1 quicklinks, 826 comments, 10 diaries

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

The Civil War veterans did not get their due until the USA wanted to start WWI. The same can be said about WWI and WWII.

Submitted on Sunday, Aug 4, 2019 at 9:36:34 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Daniel Geery

Reply to Anton Grambihler:   New Content

As much as I totally oppose war, I fully support helping the veterans. First of course by not sending them! But secondly, if they do go they should get full compensation for all injuries. Not to mention full protection when they go. At the same time I am acutely aware that we are the main dickheads starting war around the world.

Submitted on Sunday, Aug 4, 2019 at 11:01:44 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Article? Post Comment