Why is it that we address so many problems with instantaneous blazing, maiming bombs when we should address them with the long-term healing, penned bullets herein?
And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
President John F. Kennedy
President John F. Kennedy delivers his inaugural speech
(Image by U.S. Embassy The Hague) Details DMCA
Why should you help push Congress to introduce People's Lobby's citizen-initiated American World Service Corps (AWSCNS) National Service Congressional Proposal? Because its legislative bullets build:
- Robust, cost effective voluntary national service.
- Bigger platoons that respond to Katrinas.
- Public policy enlightenment gained via peaceful productive service at home and abroad.
- Healthy growth grown from "Missions not missiles.
- Strategies that win hearts and minds that barn-building, can-do, action-oriented Americans understand and support; and needs no American blood to implement.
Why will sending a million Americans aged 18-70+ per year (.5 of 1% of U.S. 18+ population) strengthen volunteers, America, and the world? Because AWSCNS volunteers,, serving through already existing do-good organizations such as Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Habitat, etc.:
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).