How do we handle things in this economy?
First of all, I don’t think there is anyone who thinks the economy is sound. I don’t think we will hear any more of that garbage. Much like John Mc Cain was saying during his campaign, and GWB said last summer, “the fundamentals of the economy are strong”. Forgot that did you? That tells me one of two things. Either they did not know what they are talking or they are complete liars. Your choice, but neither is good. At the very least? Mc Cain is “ONLY” a senator and GWB has returned to Crawford, Texas to resume his job as village idiot.
The problem now is that people may believe the talking heads on news channels and their all so devoted elected politician representatives when they are told that the “stimulus package” will make everything okay. Things will be alright. This is truly and utterly NONSENSE. The same seemingly intelligent people who believed Bush and Mc Cain will believe this latest rash of bullshit. I don’t proclaim to be a big fan of Obama. In fact? I don’t believe anything coming from the mouths of either party. Both Democrat and Republican parties are complete failures. BOTH got us into this mess. The “stimulus package” is but a band aid on an arterial bleed. It may restrict some of the flow of the blood we are losing, but cannot stop the bleeding.
In essence? It is up to each and every individual and family unit to stop their own bleeding. DO NOT look to the government for help. Instead? Do for you and yours. MOST uninformed people will be looking to the “government”.
SO, how do we do this?
1. Buy gold and silver, if you can. I do not mean necklaces and bracelets. BULLION, gold and silver BULLION. There are many denominations of both that practically anyone can purchase. ( I will send an email in the future explaining how and what you should know about buying gold and silver) Until then? Get this mindset. Buy gold and silver with any investment dollars you can scrounge. Most importantly! Take physical possession of the bullion. Do not buy a “piece of paper” telling you that someone is going to hold it for you. Hold gold and silver in your hand. NOT a piece of paper.
2. FOOD. Ah yes, food. Who doesn’t need that? Think prices may go down? Not me. Prices WILL continue to rise. I tried to warn some people about 16 months ago about the rise in food prices. For example? At that time you could go to the supermarket and buy canned goods (vegetables) at a “can can” sale. The price? 6 for $2.00. Now? The same “can can” sale last week? 4 for $2.00. That is a difference of 33%. Think you will get 33% interest on your cash? You could have if you invested in food and eaten the same product with a 33% savings. I was advising to buy. Buy cases I wrote. STOCK UP was my point. Few listened. Those that did do not regret. Next year? 3 for $2.00. 5 for $5.00? Oh by the way? Did your salary go up 33%. The point is that there are so many variables with food production (droughts, hurricanes, cold and hot weather etc.) and NONE of them lead to lower prices. Food prices WILL go up. The best advice I can give to my loved ones is to continue to accumulate food at today’s prices. STORE FOOD. Canned goods. Not only vegetables. CANNED meat is also at a decent price right now( I don’t suggest it as a an everyday meal, I only suggest you have some stored). Instead of putting all your savings into a bank, as if you have some savings? BUY FOOD with some of it! “Save for a rainy day” has always been accepted as a good plan. Would you rather have $500 worth of food in your house or $500 in the bank? Once again, your choice. Another point to consider is that there are food shortages throughout the world. There have been food riots. There WILL be more. The only question is how bad will it happen here. Another old saying? “Better safe than sorry”. I recommend a minimum of a two week supply of food in your home. The more food you can accumulate now the better off you will be. http://www.marketskeptics.com/2009/02/2009-global-food-catastrophe.html
3. Never thought I would be saying this, BUT you do need a gun in your home. A 12 gauge shotgun is the perfect weapon for home security. They are cheap to buy (around $200.00), and there are a couple of good rounds of ammo that they can use. You DO NOT have to buy hundreds of rounds of ammo. 25 to 50 rounds will get you through almost any attack. Attack I say? Yes, crime WILL go up. Burglary’s, home invasions and the very real possibilities of marauders. Groups driving around looking for “a score”. THEY WILL be armed. You with no weapon? Say goodbye to your food and your gold and silver. Don’t forget too, they will take your auto. If you don’t know how to use a weapon? LEARN! There are courses, but if you can’t? Shotgun pellets cover a pretty good area. Point and click. Marauders tend to leave when fired upon. It will be a sad state of affairs but they will then go after the weaker.
4. Stock up now on the basic necessities. Sanitary needs that women and men both require. Toothpaste, soap, and toilet paper etc. What do all these have in common? WATER! Stock up on cases of water, the very basic need for life. If you listen to the likes of Dick Cheney? The “terrorists” are standing by with bags of cyanide to put in our water supply or some such crap. I don’t believe that crap, but when people can’t pay their water bill (and gas, and electric… ad nauseum) the price goes up and when the price goes up? More people cannot pay, which means prices go up again…ad nauseum.
5. A Ham radio, receive AND transmit.
6. MOST IMPORTANTLY!! A network of family, friends, and neighbors that will help each other out, look out for each other, and have contingency plans in emergencies.
Why all the doom and gloom from me?