"There are 10 steps to close down a democratically functioning society -a blueprint that ALL 'would-be dictators' have followed."
Such a blueprint exists foras well.
We don't usually think of it this way, but the Founding Fathers used many non-violent protests before engaging the British in battle: The Boston Tea Party, petitions to parliament, stamp tax protests and demonstrations.
Another part of the 'blueprint' is information. The Founding Fathers wrote books, ("Common Sense", "The ", etc), newspaper articles, and published, published, published, letters to statesmen and diplomats, leaflets, etc.
Starting with these two points, VoteStrike.com is calling upon citizens to stop funding their own destruction:
Seventeen Simple Non-Violent Resistance steps to stop fueling the money changers and corporate controllers of our great country.
1. Stop using credit cards - every transaction generates an automatic 1-2% fee to the banks from the store you're buying from. Also, stop using bank ATM's which generate extra fees to your account.
2. BOYCOTT Mobil/Exxon, Shell, Texaco, Chevron, BP - use small independent stations. Also, REDUCE GAS CONSUMPTION. We MUST stop fueling the original BIG MONEY MONOPOLIZERS! Learn to be a http://www.hypermiling.com/.
3. Do your very best to stop using and throwing away PLASTIC! - It's a petroleum derivative. Buy milk in cartons. Recycle every bit of plastic you must use and return all plastic bags to the grocery store, including plastic bread bags and what your newspapers are wrapped with.
4. CANCEL cable television. (WE ARE TOTALLY ADDICTED TO 350 CHANNELS of SPORTS, MOVIES, PORN, NEWS. And as long as they can entertain us, we have no need to think.)
5. MOVE MONEY OUT OF BIG INTERNATIONAL FRANCHISED BANKS: or smaller local banks. Keep cash at home, at least to cover immediate expenses for a few months, in a safe deposit box.; ( ); CITIBANK/CHASE, etc. Move to local
6. STOP DONATING MONEY TO MOVEON, ACLU, politicians, mega- churches - Instead, donate food directly to pantries or money directly to people you know that need it. Cut out the middlemen that are taking millions and using it to gain power, not to 'do good'! Help a poor person or relative weatherproof their home or give them energy efficient light bulbs.
7. CUT ENERGY USE AT HOME AND AT WORK. Best thing people can do against big oil and dirty coal is also good for your own monthly costs. Help cut energy expenses also for local businesses, schools, and public buildings by turning lights off in empty rooms and bathrooms- instead of having that money go to the corps that are polluting and earning billions off of us and our community members.
8. BUY LOCAL! Support your community businesses, owned and operated by your neighbors. And look for product labels. When it's possible, only buy MADE IN USA!
9. START PAYING OFF ALL YOUR DEBT. Don't fall prey to ultra-consumerism. We are CONSTANTLY bombarded with advertising to BUY BUY BUY! We don't need all that STUFF! Put your money to good use: if you have a mortgage, secure your home first. Pay down the principle by adding any extra money each month- this saves thousands over time! Once it's paid off, no matter how deep recession/depression gets, your home is pure CAPITAL.