Let there be no question that we are now engaged in a new and very real civil war. Whether it will deteriorate into a violent conflict remains unknown and any intelligent person can only hope that can be avoided. But without question war has been declared against the average American and the conflict has begun.
I am referring to the clash between the ultra-rich and the rest of us that has seen trillions of dollars sucked out of the hands of the middle class, working people cheated out of their homes, savings and retirement funds siphoned off forever, and the surplus of Social Security funds "borrowed" and not returned. Most people correctly suspect that this has been an intentional robbery, but have no idea how to effectively respond. Actually the Occupy Wall Street movement was making serious headway and for that reason alone it was brutally shut down.
As I read various politically and socially diverse blogs, e-publications and even some new e-media, the critical flaw that is working against us is obvious. We the people have been very successfully divided.
At each place there is an abundant measure of finger-pointing towards a false "villain of the day". It might be the welfare people, the union members, middle class, the conservatives or liberals, or Muslims, or socialists, or gays, or who knows who. The absolute fact is, the war is against all of those groups and more, but the real ENEMY is the super-rich.
We must keep in mind the mighty weapons they have and have used with great effectiveness for years. Weapons like the mainstream media, law enforcement, the judiciary, and now even the probability of the US military. Using the media, they have successfully engaged in a campaign to get us fighting amongst ourselves, and divided we will never have the power to protect our families, our communities, or our country.
What we can do:
1. Focus on the real enemy of the people. Those are the top layers of management for the major US banks, Citigroup, Bank America,. J.P. Morgan, Wells Fargo, U.S. Bancorp, Bank of New York Mellon, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. Add to the list Monsanto, Exxon/Mobil, and BP. Watch and report on everything these people do that reduces the rights and general welfare of the people.
2. Increase reporting on any and all elected officials who vote to shovel more money into the accounts of those criminal institutions. While it seems obvious that congress has been bought and paid for, these traitors want to be re-elected to continue getting whatever they are getting. Like cockroaches they hate the light of publicity.
3. Lower the rhetoric against other Middle Americans. We all know the problem and all want to regain some control of our futures. Petty differences (and they are petty when compared to what is being done to us) can be overcome, better understanding is valuable so we can all focus on the REAL enemy.
4. If you have any assets in these banks withdraw them and encourage everyone you know to stop dealing with these institutions. Remember they can't steal your money unless they hold your money.
5. If you own stock in these corporations, sell and invest in businesses that do no harm politically, socially, economically, or environmentally. There are lots of them and they would be thriving if we would support them.
6. Lower your own levels of personal suspicion or dislike for people who don't share your identical viewpoints. I often see articles that attempt to convince folks to be preppers. Focus that time and effort in sharing the political and economic reality. If we get enough people to recognize who is attacking us and acting on it, perhaps we won't need to be preppers.
7. Hold elected officials at all levels accountable. Send e-mails advising them that you are paying close attention to what they are doing. Then follow up with appropriately nasty e-mails (never threaten) when they give more to the mega corporations, or send kudos when they stand up for regular Americans. But have your BS wipers handy when they send you some of the usual.
If we start with these simple and logical steps and build from here, we have a reasonable chance of sending the greedy super-elite packing. But the war is on. It began years ago so they have a head start. They also have money, power and influence, and a PLAN. The best defense we can muster is a majority of everyday citizens. And who are "everyday" Americans? We are really well educated and not too well educated; we carry guns or won't allow one in the house. We are black, white, and a rainbow of other colors. Some smoke pot others drink beer or moon shine or fine wine while others remain sober. We are gay and straight and some want it all and are both. Some work hard and some hardly work, but WE ARE AMERICANS. Together and only together we can win this war that has been declared upon us.