1. From wikipedia 11/22/12.Some companies are subsidiaries of others. A few are located in other countries. Corporations with an asterisk are among the top 25 defense contractors.
2. From Wikipedia.
4. Excerpts from NDIA Magazine article, February 6, 2012.
5. Thieves in High Places: They've Stolen our Country and it's Time to Take it Back, by Jim Hightower, NY: Viking, 2003, p. xix).
6. POGO Project on Government Oversight July 26, 2012 Ex Lockheed Lobbyist Now in Key Defense Oversight Role by Ben Freeman, Ph.D.
8. The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism. NY: Metropolitan Books, by Naomi Klein, 2007, p. 316.
10. Excerpts from When the Defense Industry and Congress are Indistinguishable: Drone Edition, by John Amick, September 14, 2012. http://www.warcosts.com.
11. The Military's Role in Stimulating Science and Technology: The Turning Point, by Kathleen Broome Williams. Foreign Policy Research Institute Newsletter, May 2010, Vol. 15, No 3.
12. See, e.g., If CIA Calls, Should Anthropology Answer? by Scott Jaschik, Inside Higher Ed, September 1, 2006.
13. See, e.g., Dr. Frankenstein and the APA's Decade of Monstrosities, by Roy Eidelson, opednews.com, August 28, 2012.
14. Recognition of Military Advertising Slogans among American Youth, by Wayne Hintze and Jerry Lehnus, http://www.ijoa.org/imta96/paper19.html.
American Forces Press Service,