The free press part has already been covered. Building dissenting opinions make the work of IO/IIO professionals difficult or impossible. It's called Information Fratricide and it is to be avoided by all means possible.
Information fratricide is defined as Actions, perceptions, and information from friendly forces that create improper impressions can adversely affect IO in sensitive situations.
Milestone MH17 July 17, 2014, All the information about MH17 from Ukraine comes from Ukrainian IO Joel Harding developed. His sources are described in the March 1st milestone. Five years later, no other sources have been considered by the investigators. Harding took control of the information and took it out of the realm of witness testimony or forensics.
Milestone July 29, 2014, The Information War for Ukraine has taken on a whole new look. Russia, you need to go down. You need to choke on your ilk. You need to feel the pain of exceeding the limits of acceptability. You need to pay.
Suffer, Russia.- Words Fail the World Against Russia
- The addition of Eliot Higgins' Bellingcat (see Feb 2014 Maidan) as an independent investigator cemented Ukraine's reliance on Harding's IO. Ukraine's cyber team (InformNapalm, UCA, CyberHunta) provided the information Bellingcat collated and called their own.
- The Deputy of Information Policy (Joel Harding started the ministry) announces Bellingcat is his counterpart. They work under Harding. Pay attention as the rest of the IO team comes aboard. This is the same crew mounting the deep state coup. US Intel leaders at the ODNI, FBI, and CIA will be working very closely with them in just over 2 years.
- Harding's IO team covered up the shootdown of MH17. This is a crime against humanity. The families will never see justice because until a real investigation is mounted, the only proof of wrongdoing is easily shown to be manufactured.
- Milestone Mark Paslawsky August 19, 2014, The nephew of Bandera's 3rd in command, Mikola Lebed was shot in the back as he fled at the battle of Ilovaisk with Donbass battalion.
"The second reason I mention Paslawsky is that he was, after all, a Ukrainian American. In killing him-and make no mistake about it: Putin killed him-Putin has taken on, in addition to the entire world, the Ukrainian American Diaspora. He probably thinks it's a joke. But in killing a Ukrainian American, he's made the war in Ukraine personal for Ukrainian Americans. Their intellectual, material, and political resources are far greater than Putin can imagine. Be forewarned, Vlad: diasporas have long memories. And this one will give you and your apologists in Russia and the West no rest.- Alexander Motyl Loose Cannons and Ukrainian Casualties
This event is what unifies the players, methods, and leaders fighting Ukraine's IO and is the seed for the deep state coup in the USA. It's important to note who Paslawsky's brother is. Nestor Paslawsky is the apparent leader of OUNb Ukrainian American Diaspora. It is his rage and revenge that Motyl threatens Putin with. Paslawsky is coming for his pound of flesh.
The June 2016 milestone will show Harding, Ukrainian hackers, Team Hillary, Chalupas, the Ukrainian Diaspora, Bellingcat, and Aaron Weisburd working together pushing toward the overthrow of the 2016 general election.
Milestone-On December 12th, 2014 Harding wrote "Ukraine is a bright shining star. They approved a Minster of Information Policy. They received a National Information Strategy and are working on a counter-propaganda center.
- "I was in a discussion today about information being used in social media as a possible weapon. The people I was talking with have a tool which scrapes social media sites, gauges their sentiment and gives the user the opportunity to automatically generate a persuasive response. Their tool is called a "Social Networking Influence Engine". No, not related to the SMISC BAA from a few years ago. Better. ..Can this be categorized as a munition? I looked through and it does not seem to apply. The implications seem to be profound for the information environment.
- The implications may have far-reaching impact beyond the Department of Defense. The people who own this tool are in the civilian world and don't even remotely touch the defense sector, so getting approval from the US Department of State might not even occur to them. If this does require ITAR approval, the corporate world that deals with information and influence will definitely be affected. ..So; my question is, who at the US Department of State must I coordinate with to get a ruling if this "Social Networking Influence Engine" must receive ITAR approval? "- Joel Harding
Milestone January 2015 Andrew Aaron Weisburd joins Harding's IO group and starts Kremlintrolls.com to start documenting websites against the Ukrainian agenda and geolocate readers for action against them.
Milestone February 23rd, 2015 Harding tweeted the creation of the i-army. The next day it was announced to the world. "This effort is geared to contain what they call Russian propaganda in the west."In late January, Ukraine's Minister of Information Policy, Yuriy Stets, promised to create an "information-army" to fight Russian propaganda""
With this, the concept of the troll army was born. Right out of the gate, Ukraine was bragging the Ukrainian I-Army numbered over 40,000 volunteer trolls, hackers, commenters, and propagandists. According to the Ukrainian Information Ministry- The first assignment is to "Invite your best and closest friends to the website of the Ukrainian Information Forces, where they can join the army by subscribing to a mailing list of daily assignments. This is very important, considering our information struggle against the foreign aggressor."
· Ukrainian Cyber Troops/Army: This hacker group, which was founded by Eugene Dukokin, a former cybersecurity consultant and programmer (Maheshwari, 2015), targets pro-Russian separatists and Russian troops in Ukraine. The report accounts of pro-Russian officials to various banking and payment websites or social media in order to get the accounts closed. These actions are legal and do not require them to hack any systems (Kerkkänen and Kuronen, 2016) Cyber and Information warfare in the Ukrainian conflict
· In January 2015 Andrew Weisburd starting work for the Ukrainians showing them how he finds the networks of people he is paid to hurt.
· Weisburd starts Kremlintrolls.com and builds the first list of journalists and publications that are against Harding's Ukrainian Information Ministry agenda.
· Between him and Joel Harding, over 200 publications were listed as Russian assets. Many of them are American websites.