1. For my residence with an assessed value by you of 13,653.68 euros as of 10/08/2010, situated in the village of Panakiana Municipality of Ierapetra, without even working electricity, you assume & declare a presumptive taxable income of 4,080 euros, about 1/3 of the property's value, while one can easily locate homes in our area with only 150 euros a month rent (1,800/annually).
2. You presume a basic subsistence income of 3,000 euros. Unfortunately for you, because of my anti-consumerist and eco-friendly ideology and lifestyle I've been living since 1995, me and my partner (2 persons total) survived with only 2,126.5 euros for an entire year, including the cost of gasoline for my car which is used principally for agricultural work. So you're asking for taxes representing 1/4 of my annual level of basic subsistence!
3. For my vehicle, '91 model with engine capacity 750cc and with --300 annual insurance & registration fees costs, and maintenance covered by myself personally (as a former engineer), you assume & declare a presumptive taxable income of 2,000 euro.
After all that I analyzed above, and hereby invoking the last article of the Constitution I declare the following:
a) Faced with the choice not to eat for three (3) months or to pay the tax you're demanding I'll choose not to pay a single penny.
b) Faced with the choice to commit suicide or become a murderer, I'll choose to murder you.
c) If you have not made an error with this Income Tax Assessment Notice that you've sent me, then you're a bunch of cheats and scoundrels and thieves.
- The new coalition government is conspiring to impose another round of dramatic cuts in social spending. It's being reported that they are looking to cut --11.5 billion in the 2012 -- 2013 budget. An additional --3 billion will be tacked on to that figure, as per the recent whims of the Troika.
The political crooks controlling Greece have just realized the difficult situation surrounding them as long as they remain the puppets of the loan sharks and make dramatic cuts in spending. Now they are wringing their hands, clutching their pearls and pretending they are resisting the merciless cuts that they agreed to and signed off on. It's going to be a real slaughter.
The cuts by department promoted for the years 2013-2014 are as follows:
- Ministry of Education, EUR 50 million
- Ministry of Justice, 50 million
- Health Ministry, 600 million
- Ministry of Interior, 600 million
- Ministry of National Defense, 680 million