10. Implement a progressive income tax up to 94 percent for any income amounts over $100,000 with a simplified tax code.
11. Phase out fossil fuels through government incentives.
12. Provide free post high school, public education for students whose parent(s) have an annual income of less than $100,000.
13. Legalize commercial hemp, medical marijuana, and the private use of marijuana for adults, on a national level. If marijuana is safer, why are we driving people to drink?
14. Call for a new, independent investigation of 9/11 with subpoena powers, especially in regards to Building 7, which was not even hit by a plane, but fell at the speed of gravity into its own footprints at 5 pm on that tragic day. And Building 7 was not even mentioned in the initial Official 9/11 Commission Report, an investigation that was not done until two years later and then by government insiders, with an extremely limited budget.
Nano-thermite explosives were gathered from the World Trade Center debris shortly after the towers fell on 9/11 by physics professor, Dr. Steven Jones. He and a team of nine scientists published their paper in the Bentham Chemical Physics Journal, which is respected by Nobel Laureates and other members of the scientific community. Also, the majority of 9/11 Commissioners now say the government lied about 9/11, according to the website www.investigate911.org.
15. Provide incentives for local, organic food production in backyards and front yards, and promote food cooperatives that provide locally grown food. Require that all genetically modified foods be labeled.
16. Show citizens of the 50 states how to restructure their state governments from the bottom-up, not the top-down: from the neighborhood block club, to the precinct, township, county, and state levels. Each level of legislative government can make executive- and judicial-branch appointments. Representatives at any level of government can be voted out of office completely at all levels by the voters in the precinct, township, or county from which the state representative emerged. Representatives at each level would vote among themselves to send a representative to the next level above it. State constitutions can be rewritten using a democratic process.
17. Empower the seven largest, national political parties, using a system of proportional representation to elect 100 individuals to meet at a Constitutional Convention to rewrite the U.S. Constitution, in which the delegates will work for three entire months to get a 51 percent or higher approval of any proposed, new constitution. (In other writings, this author has laid out a 23-month timeline for this process to occur.) Without a 51-percent approval of the new constitution, the existing constitution will still stand.
18. Require workplace democracy in companies that have seven or more employees. Workers will participate in determining the company's direction, employee wages, and the selection of bosses, instead of relying solely on a Board of Directors, who are bent on making a profit for shareholders and the company's upper management.
19. Allow Americans to visit Cuba if they choose.
20. Stop the drone strikes, the Guantanamo torture prison, the abuse of the Patriot Acts and NDAA, needless NSA spying, and excessive security checks at airports.
21. Make buses and trains more affordable and available to reduce the number of cars and trucks on roads and highways.
22. Implement Single-Payer Health Insurance with the federal government as the single payer. This will eliminate most private, health insurance companies, which are eager to make greater profits, while offering their members increasingly less coverage and benefits.
23. Support the Charter for Compassion, a document that transcends religious, ideological, and national differences. The Charter activates the Golden Rule around the world. Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into places of pain, to share brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish. www.CharterForCompassion.org
24. Promote a new era of honesty, openness, transparency, trust, and voluntary vulnerability among national governments, within the United States government, and within interpersonal and business relationships. Government secrecy regarding UFOs, various assassinations, 9/11, CIA operatives, and military black-budget expenditures must come to an end.