This piece was reprinted by OpEdNews with permission or license. It may not be reproduced in any form without permission or license from the source.
Press TV said "Israel bites back at US over Iran talks." Tel Aviv won't tolerate them. It never did before and won't now.
On October 21, Haaretz headlined "Top ministers: Israel knows nothing of breakthrough in Iran-US nuclear talks," saying:
On Sunday, NBC said senior Obama officials "confirmed that back-door talks had taken place, adding that a meeting has yet to be set."
P5+1 countries were told what took place. Later on Sunday, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Abkar Salehi denied the report. Israel knows nothing about them. Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said he wasn't kept informed.
He opposes renewed negotiations. He wants tougher sanctions on top of current ones. Vice Prime Minister and Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya'alon also has no information on direct talks. He said:
"It's no secret that clandestine contacts between the Americans and the Iranians had taken place, and that there had been attempts to take advantage of the fact that the United States is part of the talks the six powers are holding with the Iranians in order to advance direct negotiations."
"Iran has consistently refused to hold above-board talks with the United States."
Defense Minister Ehud Barak said he and others in his ministry have no direct knowledge of what, if anything, is going on.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).