But Why attack a current Major in the US Army National Guard?
Hillary Clinton and her neo-liberal faction represent certain interests that Rep. Gabbard vocally opposes. This conflict is direct and non-negotiable.
1. Gabbard has taken a stand to end America's unconstrained series of "regime change wars" across the world. This is the empire in operation, and it is what the Clintons helped institute over decades. It's their legacy and business model.
2. Tulsi Gabbard's opposition to illegal wars touches on arms sales to Middle East tyrannies, thus affecting the weapons industries: the Military-Industrial-Complex .
3. The CIA and National Security establishment are clearly on board with imperial aggression, and these are powerful allies of Clinton with motivation to support propaganda that can discredit Major Gabbard and her message.
4. Gabbard's Stop Arming Terrorists Act directly implicated US officials for arming terrorists in the first place, potentially rising to the level of Treason in the case of "aid and comfort" to Al Qaeda in Syria .
5. Rep. Gabbard resigned from the Vice Chair position in the DNC in 2016 because it was obvious that Hillary Clinton was rigging the primary election against Bernie Sanders. While Gabbard spoke out against this corruption of the democratic process, Bernie Sanders has been conspicuously silent, going so far as to endorse and campaign for Clinton after the humiliating spectacle of election-rigging against him.
6. Gabbard is running a grassroots campaign and not taking any dark money from corporations or PACs. Her positions are therefore not for sale, as opposed to most of the other candidates who do not face slander and libel from establishment figures.