Throughout the leaning towers of America's corpocratic history knowledge has been thin, twisted, and used to benefit the selfish good of the power elite, not the common good of America and the world. Not coincidentally, it seems, the higher the education the lower the morality. You won't find any research on the matter; at least, I didn't when I went searching. But the inverse connection is certainly plausible, and I have demonstrated elsewhere how former President Obama seemed to use moral rationalizations (reasoning that wrong is right) and moral compartmentalization (to account for contradictory behavior such as worshiping on one day and bombing on the next).10 More "learned" people probably have become adept at such mental gymnastics.
What might be an antidote to upright the towers? A cultural revolution ala the era of Chairman Mao? I hope not. The only antidote that would succeed is one replacing America's corpocracy with a true democracy, a state-of-affairs that has never existed before in America's short history and is unlikely to ever exist at all. Of one thing we can be sure, the leaning towers will not upright themselves.
1. See, e.g., pp. 143-151 of my book, America's Oldest Professions: Warring and Spying. 2015; also, my article, The Militarization of American Education. OpEdNews, August 17, 2014.
2. IU News Room. October, 11, 2011. Madeleine Albright, the First Woman to Serve as Secretary of State of the United States, Will Present a Public Lecture. "Making War, Making Peace."
3. Watson, JW. If Anyone's Going to HELL, IT'S Madeleine Albright, as UN Ambassador, Albright Justified the Death of 500,000 Children. Info Wars, February 8, 2016.
4. Wikipedia. List of Schools of International Relations in the United States.
5. Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. Introducing the Henry A. Kissinger Center for Global Affairs. Undated.
6. Arkin, WM. & O'Brien, AO. The Most Militarized Universities in America: Our Ranking Methodology Explained. Vice News November 5, 2015
7. SPY SCHOOLS: How the CIA, FBI, and Foreign Intelligence Secretly Exploit America's Universities Daniel Golden Henry Holt and Co.2017.
8. Arkin, WM & O'Brien, A. Doctors of Doom: What a PhD Really Means in the US National Security Community. Vice News, January 27, 2016.
9. Washburn, J. University, Inc.: The Corporate Corruption of Higher Education. Basic Books, 2006.
10. Brumback, Op. cit., 2015, pp. 76-77.