- The drive towards unethical profits by employing fraudulent methods;
- Contributing to rising cost of living by following cost-inducing policies;
- Outsourcing manufacturing;
- Prolonging the retirement age;
- Implementing cut throat policies in business;
- Corruption in form of nepotism, cronyism and favoritism;
- Hiring double-dippers.
Frustrating is the failure of these groups to realize that these measures are at best, no more than quick fixes and present only short-term gains. Even worse is the fact that they continue repeating these measures as sources to generate income/revenue, expecting no backlash!
The best example of this inept action would be balancing the budget with repeated cuts and layoffs as we see being implemented locally, nationally and worldwide over the entire economies.
By taking a thorough look at these measures, it becomes very clear that they do nothing other than accelerate costs until a point is reached that exceeds the income. Consequently the results of these measures and their interactions with each other would lead to a chaotic economy.
When these inept steps are implemented continuously and repeatedly, a vibrant economy is reduced to that of a banana republic.