3. There has been minimal television news coverage of the huge costs in human suffering of Americans as well as Iraqis and Afghans in these preemptive wars. The body count of dead Iraqis vary wildly and is often ignored. Afghan civilian deaths in the war on terror are mounting without much press coverage. There are 2.5 million Iraqis in refugee camps in Syria and Jordan who are missing from our public air waves and these people have lost everything, now living in tents.
4. The same politically anointed individuals from the "official" political parties and their adherents in the mainstream press are the primary and constant occupiers of television news programming for discussions on domestic and foreign policy. Most Americans get their news from television programming which seldom includes notable critics of U.S. domestic and foreign policy to express their views, such as Paul Craig Roberts, Chris Hedges, Noam Chomsky, Phil Donahue (his cable television show was abruptly cancelled prior to the "preemptive attack" on Iraq), Ralph Nader, David Cay Johnston, Ray McGovern, Cindy Sheehan, Tom Engelhardt and many more.
5. Mexican Drug Cartel Armies. The story of Mexican drug cartel violence along the border makes the news without reporting obvious failures of the U.S. government despite hundreds of billions of dollars expended on intelligence and national security matters since 9/11. In the rush to war in Iraq and Afghanistan the problems of Mexican drug cartels was looming on the border for years, yet a $60 to $80 billion dollar annual civilian national security apparatus either remained mute or enabled the Bush/Cheney regime to embark into the Iraq war, possibly diverting investigations into collective incompetence prior to 9/11.
6. The presumed necessity of the Iraq war was delivered like a speeding bullet on the television networks with little question or query, indicative not of a strong free press, but a compliant one. The U.S. attack on Iraq was initiated with fabricated information because Iraq had no part in 9/11 terrorist act. Was the attack on Iraq a distraction from any impending investigation or questions of security lapses by the Bush Administration for not being able to prevent 9/11?
7. The criminal 9/11 hijacking of commercial airliners into the World Trade Center was preventable. Too many dots were not connected. Permitting box cutters in airline cabins indicated, if not malfeasance, incompetence for many years. The fact that ring leader Atta received a visa extension six months after 9/11 was briefly reported on with no follow-up with television news, ignoring to probe this story.
8. Medicare and Social Security's dual impending insolvency has been hastened and accelerated by the government of two political parties spending the surplus money collected and allocated for these programs on other parts of the government. This information is usually omitted on television news. The money collected is spent and replaced with "IOUs" that have no economic value and can only be redeemed if the government borrows more money. In any other organization, except government, this would be a crime or malfeasance and reported on television news.