War preparations to attack Syria and Iran have been in "an advanced state of readiness" for several years. US, NATO and Israeli military planners have outlined the contours of a "humanitarian" military campaign, in which Turkey (the second largest military force inside NATO) would play a central role.
An air campaign including a "no fly zone" directed against Syria has been envisaged since late 2011, largely in view of the failures underlying the US-NATO covert war in support of opposition rebels, integrated by trained mercenaries.
Britain's Ministry of Defence: "This is all going like Libya but this will be bigger and bloodier"
In 2011, Britain's Ministry of Defence in liaison with the Pentagon was involved in "drawing up secret plans for a NATO-sponsored no-fly zone" (Ibid, http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/227911/Syria-will-be-bloodiest-yet
British Defense authorities admit that the planned air campaign on Syria would be on a much larger scale than in Libya in 2011 and that Israel would be an integral part of the military operation. "Syria supports Hezbollah. That threatens Israel and the whole of the Middle East". "This is all going like Libya but this will be bigger and bloodier"" (Ibid, emphasis added)
Syria has an advanced Russian S-300 air defense system. Russian technical advisers have been in Syria since November 2011 to "help the Syrians set up an array of S-300 missiles". Reports also confirm that Syria has an advanced radar system installed in all key Syrian military and industrial installations. "The radar system also covers areas north and south of Syria, where it will be able to detect movement of troops or aircraft towards the Syrian border. The radar targets include much of Israel, as well as the Incirlik military base in Turkey, which is used by NATO." (According to Arun Shavetz (November 24, 2011),
Naval and air force deployments have already been announced by the British Ministry of Defense. According to London's news tabloids, quoting "authoritative" military sources; ""The escalating civil war [in Syria] made it increasingly likely that the West would be forced to step in. " ( Daily Mail, July 24, 2012)- Advertisement -
The Syria False Flag Chemical Weapons Attack: An Integral Part of US-NATO Military Planning
The WMD option for Syria --which has been on the drawing board of US intelligence since at least August 2012-- is being carried out in the wake of the defeat of the US sponsored Al Nusrah terrorist brigades by government forces.
Modelled on previous US-NATO led "humanitarian wars", it consists in triggering civilian deaths in a staged false flag operation and then blaming Syria for killing its own people.
The purpose is to drum up public support for a so-called "no fly zone" and provide a pretext and a justification for military intervention on humanitarian grounds.
Various stages of military intervention have been contemplated:
- The killings of innocent civilians by al Qaeda affiliated rebel force in a chemical weapons attack are deliberately carried out as part of a covert intelligence operation. The Syrian government is then blamed for the resulting atrocities.
- Media disinformation is geared towards demonizing the Syrian government. Public opinion is led into endorsing a military intervention on humanitarian grounds. Responding to public outrage, US-NATO is then "forced to step in" under a Humanitarian "Responsibility to Protect" (R2P) mandate.
- Media propaganda goes into high gear. "The International Community" comes to the rescue of the Syrian people."
- Warships and fighter jets are then deployed to the Eastern Mediterranean.
- These actions are coordinated with logistical support to the rebels and Special forces on the ground.
- The final objective is "regime change" leading to the "break-up of the country" along sectarian lines and/or the installation of an "Islamist-dominated or influenced regime" modelled on Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
- War plans in relation to Syria are integrated with those pertaining to Iran. The road to Tehran goes through Damascus. The broader implications of US-NATO intervention are military escalation and the possible unleashing of a regional war extending from the Eastern Mediterranean to Central Asia, in which China and Russia could be directly or indirectly involved.
Preparations for a false flag chemical weapons attack started more than a year ago. According to an August 2012 Los Angeles Times report the Pentagon announced that it was sending "small teams of special operations troops" into Syria with a view to destroying Syria's Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD). These teams would in turn be supported by "precision air strikes", namely air raids.
The scenario of a Syrian government chemical weapons attack on the Syrian population had already been examined by US intelligence:
Securing the sites would probably involve stealthy raids by special operations teams trained to handle such weapons, and precision air strikes to incinerate the chemicals without dispersing them in the air, the officials said. U.S. satellites and drone aircraft already maintain partial surveillance of the sites.
U.S. intelligence agencies believe Syria has over the years produced or acquired hundreds of tons of sarin nerve agent and mustard gas, a blister agent, and has sought to develop VX, another powerful nerve gas. The toxicity of some chemical agents degrades significantly over time, so it is unclear how lethal the stockpiles are.