Lower level personnel perhaps with contrary views are prohibited from stating them. At issue is government transparency, press freedom, and the public's right to know.
Independent investigative journalism will be compromised. So will press and other First Amendment freedoms. At issue are provisions listed below.
(1) Requiring Congress to be notified when intelligence related information is publicly disclosed. In addition, maintaining a record of all authorized disclosures is mandated.
(2) Establishing formal leak investigation procedures.
(3) Assessing their effectiveness by expanded polygraph testing despite its unreliability and inadmissibility in court.
(4) Prohibiting cleared personnel from serving as paid consultants or commentators for up to a year after government service.
(5) Letting only designating intelligence community officials communicate with the media.
(6) Requiring all media contacts be reported.