It's hard imaging rubbish this unconscionable gets published. The Times featured it.
Latvia "provide(s) a rare boost to champions of the proposition that pain pays," said The Times. Hard times continue.
"But in just four years, the country has gone from the (EU's) worst economic disaster zone to a model of what the (IMF) hails as the healing properties of deep budget cuts."- Advertisement -
IMF policies wage financial war on humanity. They're hugely destructive. They debt-entrap nations. They impoverish millions. They force-feed structural adjustment harshness. They mandate:
- privatization of state enterprises; many are sold for a fraction of real worth;
- mass layoffs;
- deep social spending cuts;
- wage freezes or cuts;
- unrestricted free market access for western corporations;
- corporate-friendly tax cuts;
- tax increases for working households;
- trade unionism crushed or marginalized; and