A nation that values peace within and outside our borders, and which will not allow economic interests to overshadow our nation's and our world's right to and need for peace.
A nation that understands and appreciates the fundamental values and principles contained in our Constitution (including the Bill of Rights and other amendments), and which seeks to adhere to those values and principles for the benefit and betterment of all of our citizens.
A nation that understands the value of the three co-equal branches of government and our constitutional system of checks and balances, and which will not tolerate the erosion or usurpation of the powers and prerogatives of any one branch or branches of government.
A nation that values the rule of law for all of its citizens, regardless of status and wealth, and which abides by its agreements with and obligations to other nations.
A nation whose leaders understand that their jobs are to work relentlessly and exclusively to improve the condition of our people, and not to succumb to the demands and influence of special interests; and that in our leaders we have placed our trust, and it is their highest calling in life to fulfill that trust and to never breach it.
A nation where the role of government is neither to be paternal or intrusive in the lives of its citizens nor to ignore (i) the needs of those among us who are unable to care for themselves, or (ii) the challenging characteristics of human nature ( e.g. , greed and selfishness); rather, where the role is to assist its citizens in achieving their potential.
Our Mission [which is how to achieve our Vision, i.e. , to obtain the nation we want] is to:
- support and adhere to the fundamental values and principles contained in the Constitution;
implement policies that strengthen businesses, domestic
employment, innovation, and the competitive global position of the
- live within our means (except as war, catastrophe, or impending economic collapse may require);
- operate an efficient, effective, and transparent government;
- operate a government that meets the needs of its people, including their health, education, environment, and well being; and
- restrict the influence of money, particularly from the corporate sector and other sources of concentrated wealth, on legislation and government policies.
Our Core Values [which are the
principles we adhere to in carrying out our
- Treat all people, including those of future generations, with respect ;
- Always act with integrity , i.e. , always take the high moral road and do the right thing ;
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).