3. We urge left-wing political parties to include in their program agendas of the Afro-descendant ethnic element and the pan-African perspective as a mechanism for integration among peoples, based on a strategy that facilitates the empowerment of countries that have suffered setbacks or veered toward neoliberalism. In this sense, we are committed to promoting strategic alliances with different social movements and left-wing parties in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean to halt the advancement of neoliberalism and imperialism.
4. We encourage social movements fighting imperialism to break down the language barriers that impede effective communication; as well as tackling media manipulation in order to consolidate and deepen the integration processes within the framework of Africa's political unity and its diaspora.
5. Consider incorporating Afro-descendant women with their own voice into the platform of the Forum of Sao Paulo in order to ensure gender balance in the editions of this event. And use this forum as a platform to demand justice in the case of leaders who, like Marielle Franco, have sacrificed their lives for justice and equality.
6. We form the Afro-Descendant Secretary of the Forum of Sao Paulo in order to follow up on the agreements and commitments made in each edition.
7. We reject the unilateral coercive measures and economic, financial and diplomatic blockade that the United States government, currently in the hands of Donald Trump, and the European Union are applying against the Venezuelan people, as they are actions of neo-slavery, neocolonialist, fascist and racist which must be condemned by international society as crimes against humanity.
8. We repudiated the terrorist acts fostered by the Venezuelan stateless opposition in May 2017 when various hate crimes were committed against people of African descent, including the young Orlando Figuera who was burned alive, in the midst of an opposition demonstration, a fact that must be condemned by the international community, a fact that was omitted by the UN High Commissioner for DD. HH in its July 2019 report.
9. Organize the Pan-Africanist Social Forum based on the Diplomacy of Peoples.
10. We reaffirm the inescapable commitment to defend until every last breath of our lives, the full development of peoples and the right to self-determination, we also alert the world to the imperial actions of the United States and the European Union since, among other evils, they endanger life on the planet.
Venceremos!!! (We will conquer)
Please join the conversation on Black Agenda Report's Facebook page at ebook.com/blackagendareport
Or, you can comment by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).