4. The Himalayan salt lamp set up:
A Himalayan salt lamp is carefully packed before shipping to make sure its safe arrival. So you need to take precautions while unboxing your lamp. You better do this task when your pet is busy in playing outside.
· First of all, carefully remove plastic from your lamp.
· There is another bubble ramp around the bulb and the controller of the lamp cord; remove that as well.
· Push in the metal clips of the lamp and insert the fitting into the base of your salt lamp.
· Make sure the lamp is turned off.
· Plug in the power cable then turn on the power and your salt lamp is ready to brighten up your room!
5. Cleansing your salt lamp:
These salt lamps have a natural effect of self-cleansing. So a salt lamp does not require to be submerged in water to wash them. In fact, these salt lamps have antibiotic properties and they do not require washing at all. You can just use a dry cloth to clean it if it gets dusty and that's it.
6. The ideal location of the salt lamp:
It is better not to keep the Himalayan salt lamp in your bedroom if your pet sleeps there instead you can put these lamps in the living room. In a home with pets, a Himalayan salt lamp can be better used as a night light to ensure the safety of your pet. Because otherwise the pinkish light of Himalayan salt lamp may attract your pet's attention.
7. Vet warnings about salt poisoning:
Vets have issued a number of guidelines to follow for the pet owners. These salt rock lamps are tempting for the pets to lick which can lead to pet poisoning with sodium. This excess of sodium can cause vomiting and even death. Salt poisoning can cause your pet's brain to swell and can cause other neurological problems. If you do not use your salt lamp due to fear of your pet for a longer period of time, then eventually the salt lamp will start sweating because it is made up of a salt that is hygroscopic in nature. That means it tends to absorb moisture from the air. To avoid it from sweating, keep it on at least 16-17 hours a day.
8. Handling the moist salt lamp:
As we know salt lamp gets moist in a humid atmosphere. The Himalayan salt lamp uses the heat generated by its bulb to evaporate this moisture, keeping the lamp fitting dry and safe. So if your salt lamp is moist due to the mentioned reasons, then follow these instructions.
(Note: You can view every article as one long page if you sign up as an Advocate Member, or higher).