10. Who has time to write jokes when dinner is in the microwave, the Powerpoint presentation is due in the morning, the laundry needs sorting, the kids are fighting and hubby is humping.
8. Humor demands a fiery streak of anger--satire should be biting, not 'kum-ba-ya'. Women just don't have the chops to feel or express ire. Just ask any recently divorced man.
7. Women don't burp and fart as loudly as men.
6. "So what if you're married. So am I."
3. Women's humor is too sophisticated for the late night audience. (See #7.)
2. Joan Rivers. Still.
1. "Too many women in the "boys' club" lowers our perception of the value of the "club" and its product. Men won't watch, and neither will other women--ratings will plummet and so will revenues (and salaries). Anyway, why complain, there's already a separate-but-equal place in daytime TV for "the ladies". Go write for Ellen already."
"Wait a minute. #1 wasn't funny."
"My point exactly."