Sen. Bernie Sanders Captures Enthusiasm, Electricity Of NH | Morning Joe | MSNBC The panel discusses Sen. Sanders' rally Monday evening in Durham, NH and how he's currently the man of the moment in the Democratic field. Aired on ...
(Image by YouTube, Channel: MSNBC) Details DMCA
Image Deleted Because Wiki Page Empty or Removed Image
- Bernie Sanders’ 60.4% 2016 vote was best since JFK received over 85% in 1960
- At 92% non Hispanic white according to 2012 census, NH is 4th whitest state, fueling criticism of its position in the process;
- Prior to Obama’s second place finish in 2008, the last 3 NH winners won Democratic nomination; the last 4 Republican winners went on to be the GOP nominee;
- Unlike the convoluted process in Iowa, the 24 pledged delegates are awarded on a relatively simple basis; 8 proportional to the statewide vote, and 8 each proportional to the result each candidate receives in each of the state’s 2 congressional districts;
- On his 3rd attempt at the Democratic nomination, this will in effect be the first New Hampshire primary for Biden; he withdrew before the 1988 primaries; after a disastrous showing in Iowa in 2008, though he was still on the ballot in New Hampshire, receiving 0.22% of the vote.