Image Deleted Because Wiki Page Empty or Removed Image
- Bernie Sanders’ 60.4% 2016 vote was best since JFK received over 85% in 1960
- At 92% non Hispanic white according to 2012 census, NH is 4th whitest state, fueling criticism of its position in the process;
- Prior to Obama’s second place finish in 2008, the last 3 NH winners won Democratic nomination; the last 4 Republican winners went on to be the GOP nominee;
- Unlike the convoluted process in Iowa, the 24 pledged delegates are awarded on a relatively simple basis; 8 proportional to the statewide vote, and 8 each proportional to the result each candidate receives in each of the state’s 2 congressional districts;
- On his 3rd attempt at the Democratic nomination, this will in effect be the first New Hampshire primary for Biden; he withdrew before the 1988 primaries; after a disastrous showing in Iowa in 2008, though he was still on the ballot in New Hampshire, receiving 0.22% of the vote.