Share on Facebook 7 Share on Twitter 1 Printer Friendly Page More Sharing
General News    H4'ed 4/3/19

Trump's Brand Of Authoritarianism Should Be Raising More Alarms

Quicklink Submitted By     (# of views)   4 comments, 11 series
Follow Me on Twitter     Message Susan Lee Schwartz

“As [Mussolini] was consolidating his power, he said, ‘if you pluck a chicken one feather at a time, nobody notices.’  We need to be concerned about the feather-plucking that is going on in the US! These tendencies run contrary to everything the United States of America stands for and yet the President embraces them in order to maintain his power. The media needs to be taking this conduct more seriously, instead, many outlets jump from story to story without connecting them to the broader story of Trump's brand of authoritarianism.When it comes to the American people, stay vigilant and never let Trump convince you that any of this is normal. Make sure your friends are aware of the dangers Trump poses to democracy and that it's not hyperbole. If nobody notices President Trump's feather-plucking in the midst of the chaotic news cycles that serve him, he wins.'

Read the rest of the story HERE:

At mailchi.mp

Must Read 1   Well Said 1   Valuable 1
Rate It | View Ratings

Susan Lee Schwartz Social Media Pages: Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in       Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in       Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in       Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

I began teaching in 1963,; Ba and BS in Education -Brooklyn College. I have the equivalent of 2 additional Master's, mainly in Literacy Studies and Graphic Design. I was the only seventh grade teacher of English from 1990 -1999 at East Side (more...)

Other Series: View All 9 Articles in "Human Rights"

Other Series: View All 316 Articles in "Insanity AFOOT!"

Other Series: View All 241 Articles in "our society changes for the worse"

Other Series: View All 728 Articles in "Public ignorance & those who use this"

Other Series: View All 32 Articles in "Reforming democracy"

Other Series: View All 330 Articles in "Trump"

Other Series: View All 15 Articles in "trumpisms"

Other Series: View All 117 Articles in "wWonderful writing ....must reads"

Comments

The time limit for entering new comments on this quicklink has expired.

Susan Lee Schwartz

(Member since Oct 25, 2009), 23 fans, 17 articles, 3693 quicklinks, 6825 comments, 2 diaries
Facebook page url on login Profile not filled in Twitter page url on login Profile not filled in Linkedin page url on login Profile not filled in Instagram page url on login Profile not filled in

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

"We need to step back from being a statistically run society. The truth doesn't care how many people related a lie, and fact is fact even when a false statement is the flavor of the day. It takes lots of homework to become an expert in anything. Know your own limitations and don't speak just because you can. This lack of accountability is rampant. Our bureaucracies have become walled cities where actions taken are accountable to no one in the citizenry, or even among elected officials. Elected officials realize they are underequipped to provide bureaucratic oversight, so they simply go with the flow and side with decisions handed to them. Few are willing to dig deep to review decision making that, ultimately, affects every one of us. And outrageous behavior is excused handing us the Phoenix pay system, a CRA that rationalizes attacks on citizens as being patriotic, a government that believes jobs within a corrupt corporation outweigh the loss of stature we have at the World Bank.

Homework is hard. In the long run, accepting outrageous behavior will be harder." David Elderfield fait that here at Oped.

Submitted on Wednesday, Apr 3, 2019 at 3:48:22 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Susan Lee Schwartz

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Our people are inured to the circus of liars, injured by them, until it seems normal for the worst behavior toward the rule of law!

Make no mistake about it, this is all-out THE RULE OF LAW.

People no longer know what the rule of law resembles when there is NO ACCOUNTABILITY!

Three branches were created to keep an authoritarian from takin over... but Mitch McConnell gives us the model for the failure of Congress. William Barr gives us the model for the failure of the Justice Department. Trump fails on every level, and show utter contempt for the law, and for his office.

The loss of the rule of law has made us lose trust in our government. The world has lost faith in us.

We must begin a national conversation about the loss of trust and the utter mendacity afoot on this landscape. We need to begin talking about the thing that ties all the plunderers together... the spread of mendacity. No civilization survives when decisions are based on misinformation. The war on LYING must begin, because this 24/7 "look at what he did," and "look at what he just said," is the circus. Busy, stressed people with no time to think about the latest audacious behavior, and who possess so little knowledge about prior history the times when propaganda prevailed that they will not be able to parse the 'news' for the truth. They are exhausted by the noise, and just get disgusted and tune it out.

This is happening thanks to the unintended consequences (UC) of the information technology, which began with the window into every home (television) which now gives us the anarchy of the internet, and of the ubiquitous screens... onto which that Mongrel Trump insinuates his poison.

Submitted on Wednesday, Apr 3, 2019 at 3:53:19 AM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (1+)

Daniel Geery

(Member since Jul 9, 2009), 71 fans, 290 articles, 3483 quicklinks, 15788 comments, 180 diaries

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Susan Lee Schwartz:   New Content

Absolutely! Start here:

... Dan, with all the issues out there, guns, immigration, Brexit, white supremacy, divisiveness and hatred on the internet, our messing with Venezuela that dangerous moron in the WH, Pompeo and Bolton, etc etc --I was surprised that, once again, you chose to post something about Israel.

I don't do that, and I am Jewish, and the whole mess makes me very sad. I hate what NetanYahoo is doing,. I am no Zionist. I hate the Israeli settlements and find modern day Israelis to be arrogant" I know many.

I still get an email whenever you post, and I read all the ones about climate, and have stopped reading anything else from you.

Not a closed mind, sir, just exhausted by the subjects that you choose to pursue and the tiresome videos. Debbie annoyed me. I tried to read the Dore posts, because I trusted you, but the level of nasty turned me off! I don't have the time to listen to that old man and his homey wanderings. Who is Rachel Corrie? Don't tell me.

I prefer Valerie Strauss who talks about the charter takeover. Carol Burris at the NPE and Anthony Cody.

I seldom watch any youtubes, unless they are related to schools, or my sons families, like my daughter in law's Global Hamlet.

I do love Randy Rainbow, and Trevor Noah, and watch Bill Maher's New Rules.

I don't watch Colbert or any of the talk shows, except for a few minutes Rachel Maddow and O Donnell, (just o see the slant and the drama the MSM is showing she is so entertaining"Debbie could learn from her, how to present personal opinion as news)

I do not watch CNN. I do watch Meet the Press!

I watch the Atlantic videos, and some that Diane Ravitch sends me, and the ones on Science, and some of the VICE videos are excellent.

I watch Vice News, and I get Slate, and ICIJ, The Guardian, Medium, Politico, and The Grenville Post" just to see what is OUT THERE

I don't listen to many podcasts, (except the ones my son is creating about CEOs who use open source codes to create profitable ventures)

I listen to music. Mostly Flamencon Guitar, and classical music, Perry Como, Rosemary Cloony Dinah Shore, Nat King Cole, Ella F, Biily H, andPink Flloyd, Led Zeppolin, and" well lots of th emusic my osns brought into my life

I watch my grandkids on a world tour, and I am doing a writing project with my 13 year old grandson who is across the world. We write on google docs about books and abut his journey.

I text with my granddaughters who are both 16, and talk with my sons.

I have a real life!

I work on my photos for my next exhibit, and stupidly send You my art, but YOU see into MY heart, becasue of a joke I once sent: The joke is on me! YOU are the jolke

That said, our family remembers the moment of Israel' creation.

We know, for example, that no sooner was the state created, and the people stripped of weapons (except those they had hidden) the arab world came calling and lost..

Jordan, with a huge Palestinian population, declined to admit the Palestinians. They DESIRED the camps, so the could point to Israel's cruelty. They knew that the refuge numbers would grow, and that Israel would no longer be a state if the now huge Arab population was 'returned.' This 'right of return,' is a meme they created.

You love facts, Dan, and I know a great many! How the Arab states have said from the get-go, TO THIS MOMENT that Israel has no right to exist, and that they are STILL dedicated to its eradication.

I know all the things Hamas as done, and how many peaceful solutions Arafat spit upon.

The six year war was their doing. When they took over Gaza , they undid everything and lobbed bombs.

FYI My husband (before he disappeared into Altzheimer's) read all my correspondence with you about Israel, and th holocaust, and has watched the things I download from your posts.

I kept an open mind, but I cannot tell you his take-away. He hears what you do not.

I believe that Rob does ,too, and I trust him. I do not second guess his decisions" and it is HIS site in a very complex moment. You do him ill with your rant.

To you, I say "the closed mind is the greatest weapon of mass destruction" except for the weaponization of DISINFORMATION.

" and it is your deaf ear to the political sh*t churned out that turns my stomach.

But to me, you said "It is no wonder there are anti-Semites running amok in the world" to that I say: GO f*ck yourself; but then, if you can speak that way TO ME, you are already all fucked up!

I have a life, Dan" maybe you need to get one.

If this is who you are, you will not be missed.

Thanks for your feedback here, Susan. I politely toss in a link for those interested in the Israel slaughter in general, but for those more seriously interested in Israel's barbaric history, I'd say start on Nabka day, and the true horrors of the Israels on Palestinians, which far surpasses the lies about what Hitler allegedly did to the Jews. click here

Submitted on Wednesday, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:38:56 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Daniel Geery

Add this Page to Facebook! Submit to Twitter Share on LinkedIn Submit to Reddit

Reply to Daniel Geery:   New Content

P.S. Anyone not looking seriously into the origins of Israel does not understand the situation we are in today, or why, with AIPAC and the threat of nuclear annihilation, nor how Zionists truly put Trump in power.

Submitted on Wednesday, Apr 3, 2019 at 8:41:13 PM

Share Comment
Reply To This   Recommend  (0+)

Want to post your own comment on this Quicklink? Post Comment